GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

In this clip, Sarah tells Emily and Jason about her brother Steven-Lars and Emily realises that Steven sounds just like the old Jason (an "easter egg" for those fans who would have realised Steven- Lars and Jason were second cousins), while Monica and Audrey talk about Monica's marriage to Jeff.

• Members

Jessie's final story was her romance with Dan Rooney, culminating with them going away together and discussing sexual intimacy. Jessie confessed it had been many years since she had been with a man; the last time had been with her husband. This was 1980, I believe. I thought Jessie and Dan were sweet together, but the relationship simply petered out without any fanfare. And yes, McLaughlin's health issues had begun in earnest in the mid-1970s. I remember when GH had to emergency recast her with actress Aneta Corseault in 1977. Later, the show created a minor character named Nurse Georgia Price, played  by Lisa Figus, who would step in and say Jessie's lines when McLaughlin was unable to work. Figus' Georgia  substituted for Jessie for many years, probably 1981 to 1988.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

No. They went away together, and a bellman in a hotel gave Jessie a saucy wink to signify that he knew naughty plans were afoot, but Jessie and Dan never consummated their relationship as far as I know. After their mini vacation, I don't believe any focus was ever given again to their relationship. Jessie and Dan just went back to chatting occasionally at the nurses' station.

• Members

There were a few scenes in 1981 where Jessie was a bit put out when Dan started taking Ruby out on dates and started acting somewhat passive aggressively towards Ruby. Bobbie confronted Jessie about it (I think Bobbie pointed out that it was Jessie who decided to cool her relationship with Dan) and Jessie made up with Ruby and agreed they could both see Dan as friends. That said, from that point on I think from what I have seen Dan tended to take Ruby out more often and at some point they must have become exclusive and presumably Jessie was ok with that.