GH: Classic Thread

• Members

I guess I would say that Luke and Robert are tied in popularity as GH's leading man. I think the current (Cartini) and previous (Phelps & Guza) regime want us to think it's Luke - but I truly believe Robert is right up there with Luke.

As far as romances go, obviously no one can touch Luke & Laura, but I really don't think any of Luke's other romances were that popular. Jackie, Holly, Connie, Tracy, Skye, Felicia...and now maybe Anna....were okay but some of them were downright repulsive. I think TPTB just tried to shove the pairings down the viewers' throats and thought they would fly because it was TONY GEARY.

Robert Scorpio was much more appealing to me as a woman. He could be so cocky and confident as the Police Commissioner and then melt when he was with a woman - a deadly combination. Plus, once they paired him with Holly, he was a one-woman man. And not too many actors can claim to be a part of TWO supercouples (Robert & Holly and Robert & Anna). I also loved Robert with Tiffany, Cheryl and Katherine. The only two ladies I didn't like him with were Jackie and Autumn. So, for me, Robert wins as GH's leading man but I suspect soap columnists and TPTB would say it's Luke.

Edited by OldGHFan

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thank you.... wink.png

I barely remembered Julia, as she was leaving around the time that I started watching. I did, however, appreciate her return years later so that she and Brenda could hash things out, as those scenes/that episode was a great example of how GH used to write their female characters well way back then.

The main reason why I adore Brenda is because she became much more than the poor little rich bitch that she was introduced as. Yes, she was a part of the best love triangle that GH ever had and she had two successful pairings in both Sonny and Jax, but she stands on her own as a flesh-and-blood character who was allowed to be imperfectly human.

• Members

Thanks. I remember that interview from long ago. At the time I was rolling my eyes, because i thought Guza was a hack even then, but at the time he was seen as a savior (not sure if anyone said that about LML even at the time).

Riche was a very mixed bag as a producer, but I'd love to see her on a new soap (not on the networks, obviously) someday.

• Members

Dr. Steve Hardy or Dr. Steve Webber?

Steve Hardy was the biological father of Jeff Webber and the adoptive father of Thomas Hardy. Steve Webber has no children.

Sorry, I didn't answer the second part of your question. Steve Hardy had an affair with a woman whose name was Helene Webber. She gave birth to Jeff.

Edited by SweetPea36