GH: Classic Thread

• Members

I forgot about that (like I try to forget about that soap). Plus, didn't they do Dubai and Monte Carlo, too? Or am I thinking of the same place for those of those visits?
My problem with the B&B location shoots is that they seem in-tangent with show-related events... not for the sake of the story and character progression. Had 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I didn't see this on here - just found it on Youtube. It's the last scenes of a character named Darren Blythe, who was tied with the Bobbie/Scotty/Laura group (I didn't read up a lot on that period beyond the basics so you all probably know more about him than I do). The date is June 5th, 1978.

William Schriener, who played him, uploaded the scenes - I asked a brief question about whether he got the scenes as a goodbye gift...I didn't want to ask about a full episode as some people get angry when you try to talk to them.

All I can say is Bobbie was such a huge bitch and she didn't even try to hide it. You have to laugh.

@Vee @vetsoapfan @Paul Raven @jam6242 @slick jones @victoria foxton @j swift

Edited by DRW50

• Members

So Darren was around a while then? Did they mention him much after he left?

I agree he was cute. I think GH in those years managed to cast good looking men who could still seem approachable (although you don't see a lot of 1978-era Kin Shriners in real life, admittedly).

• Members

Well, Darren was around for a little while, but never as a major player. After he left, I don't remember anyone mentioning him at all. So many men back at that time were approachable babes, although Jeff and Scotty were tops for me. It annoys me to no end that Hammy Howarth is working on his third freaking character, while Kin Shriner is only rarely seen as a glorified under-fiver. Scotty Baldwin is the show's longest-serving character. He deserves a place on the canvas.

You got it. Laura was such a brat! And an idiot too, for dismissing a hunk like Darren for an icky troll like David Hamilton. 

Thank you for tagging me Carl. Another awesome find. Never heard of this character.

Laura always seemed to go for much, much older dudes. Even Scotty was a grown man when Laura married him. Smirky Howarth is just an abomination. Darren was cute. I find it weird seeing Bobbie in bad girl mode. She was a nice lady by the time i started watching. Darren got a nice send off. Most characters in present day GH don't.

Edited by victoria foxton