GH: Classic Thread

• Members

Since I am more of a 90's girl, TG was always a little OTT cheesy.  He obviously got worse, but MB and TG are consistently rewarded for doing the bare minimum so they have no reason to change their style.   I will say I never thought TG didn't know his lines, which seems to be a constant problem for MB.   TG just likes to chew the entire set scenery.   

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I tried to watch a clip from a few months ago and beyond realizing Ingo has just about entirely lost his accent (I have not watched any Jax scenes in about a decade...), my other takeaway was Sonny calling himself Mike and wearing a poorly fitted cowboy hat. I couldn't make it through more than about 15 seconds of him. Maurice is just so awkward to watch at this point and on top of how cheap the show looks now, if you didn't know better you'd think it was some kind of non-actor making his debut in a very very low budget local production.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Ingo has definitely lost his accent pretty much.  When you hear how thick it was in 1996 it's crazy to notice the change.   I actually think MB as Mike is better than him as Sonny these days.  At least some of MB's charisma shines.  Sonny has become such a dour character I think it's an okay change.  I feel like GH looks like a million bucks compared to Days, but when you think of the fabulous location shoots they used to do it is sad.

• Members

In all fairness, it does seem a good idea for a MAGA nutbag to kind of want to erase any reminders that he is an immigrant himself. I am sure His Big Orange Daddy doesn't mind white immigrants as much but you know... Might want to make the fact that race is what is motivating his hatred slightly less obvious and hide his own contradictions.

• Members

Puerto Rico was the best by far.  I like some of the stuff in Montauk with Jason and Robin.  The Jax/Brenda Malibu house was amazing though.

OOf.  Again, I am not even sure if Ingo can vote.  I have no evidence he is even a citizen.   Full disclosure, I met him once in a non fan setting and he was super nice.   I can separate Jax outside of Ingo as a person, but I can understand if others don't.   It's a hard topic.