GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It seems stupid not to try?  This isnt really relevant, but I work in Retail Talent Management and I see a lot of overqualified/overpaid candidates and you think they are out of your reach, but when you ask they accept all the time.   From what I can tell, they aren't even inquiring or asking.  To me it's seems like putting feelers out to both JJ and VM would just be a smart business decision. 

• Members

I hate this mindset.  We absolutely should have had Lucky or Brenda or both back instead of 4 characters for Easton and 3 for Howarth, not to even mention two Ninas.  I feel the same way about Lulu.

At this point I would even love different OLTL actors being cast, because what has happened with Easton and Howarth is beyond rediculous.

Petty or spoiled?  Absolutely.  But never stupid.  I miss Brenda.

• Members

All of this

It does seem stupid. I do think that's happened a lot in the past, producers/writers assume the actor isn't interested or available but in reality they are and would probably jump at an offer.

But he only seems to care about lip service to the GH legacy and trying to create his own stars and characters. So many characters have become props over the years. 

• Members

Brenda was never stupid.  Someone that made dumb decisions sometimes?  Yes.  But they always portrayed Brenda as at least mildly intelligent lol.  Same with Carly.  She makes stupid choses all the time, but I think she's very savvy still.

Frank may have his own personal bias, and whatever.  But I don't know how it wouldn't be great optics to hire JJ or VM back?  He'd be a practical hero if he got either one of those names..

• Members

I think my comment is being taken the wrong way lol. I don’t think Brenda is stupid. I think that FV’s allegiance is clearly with Carly, and I think the show would try to diminish Brenda in comparison to his precious queen, at least storywise. Carly always has to win. Just not something I’d want to see as a longtime Brenda fan.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

No I for sure didn't take it the wrong way lol.  Brenda has been thrown under the bus for Carly and probably would be again.  But we all know Carly is just a girl who built her life on Brenda's sloppy seconds...

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I do wonder if VM can keep up with the pace of daytime for an extended period of time again. That 2010-2011 stint was the epitome of phoning it in and just collecting a paycheck.

I still have nightmares thinking about some of the awkward laughs/crackles she would randomly insert into scenes...

• Members

Yes.  It clearly seemed like the pace was too much for her.  But I also think she checked out after the Dante stuff.  She relied a lot on charisma that didn't translate well and weird tics she never used before like the cackle.  But I think she just felt awkward.  Listen, she basically plays different versions of Brenda on every other acting gig she has ever taken so I think she can still play her, but most of the time it was weird.  She was okay with her usual standbys: Jason, Sonny, Jax, Robin.  Like I still felt she had legit chemistry with IR, KMC, and SBu.  MB was hit or miss, but I thought their wedding was very sweet and so well deserved.   I thought she did well with Sonny's kids too.  She was decent with Chad, Lexi, the little kid that played Morgan and Molly (who's name is totally escaping me right now).

Tracy is a yes for me too.  And possibly Lois.  They just need a good recast.  I wish LLC had taken on that role, but I guess they offered her a Brenda recast before Olivia lol....That would have been something

Edited by carolineg