GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I agree and disagree with this: Michael Park received some very well-done pairings on As the World Turns in terms of actors. And I know Laura Wright even stated she'd love to see Park on General Hospital. I think if he did do another soap it would be a guest-stint, and nothing major.

• Members

I think Park would make a great Tom Hardy.  And I am only really for Tom coming back if the show is going to invest in Tommy as well.  They missed a perfect opportunity to utilize that family line when they decided to copy Grey’s Anatomy with their already cooking Sopranos recipe when Patrick, Robin, and the rest of the hospital characters were being used prominently again.

• Members

It is probably inevitable they'd try to see whether MW/MP magic would work again but GH hosted one of the most infamous chemistry-on-one-show-does-not-always-translate-with-different-characters-on-another when they tried to reunite MBE and Stephen Nichols so while this was ages ago, I'd think the lesson would have been learned - by them and any other soap executive - by now that a chemical reaction requires the exact same ingredients to be reproduced and one of those ingredients are the characters that were played. 
Same actors, different characters almost never ever work. Even on the same show (see on current Days Jake/Gabi vs Stefan/Gabi)

• Members

The chemistry wasn't there anymore as Maxie and Matt. 

I think Michael Park would be a good recast for Tom Hardy too. But the man is booked and busy with Netflix and HBO. I do agree Tom/Simone/Tommy/Jeff all need to be on canvas some point soon. I can see Grant Aleksander as Tom Hardy. Though I think he is mainly on the East Coast too. 

My choice for Tommy would be Robert Ri'chard  but Nathan Owens would be a decent  too. And my ideal choice for Simone would be Amelia Marshall. She doesn't have to be on contract. But I just remember she is on the East Coast too though she might be willing appear if it is a substantial role. 

Edited by Forever8

• Members

Grant Aleksander is also too old AFAIC. Michael Park is on the edge. You can scale down a bit on the age from Ashford and no one's gonna care. Tom was a little boy in the early '80s and his son can be in his 20s or early 30s.

Back on topic, I still don't know how Katherine lasted so many years after her intro story with Scott was, AFAIK, a flop before 1994 even rolled around. I always liked Mary Beth Evans, though. She always played the role to the hilt even in inconsequential or bad storylines - she was not doing Kayla.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I actually first saw MBE as Katherine. She did a really good job selling the dark sides of the character, and of course every Katherine/Lucy scene was a treat.

As far as love interests go, I remember her and Stefan, of course. I think she and Mac were engaged at some point. Wasn't she also with Tom?

• Members

Grant Aleksander is one-year younger than Matthew Ashford, though, whereas Michael Park is nine-years younger than Ashford.

I'm going to throw out this idea for a Tom recast: Todd McKee (ex-Ted, SB; ex-Jake, B&B). He's a bit younger than Ashford, but, still relatively close to the age. Though, he seems to be happy in his career as a financial advisor.

As for Tommy, what about Brooks Darnell (ex-Nate, Y&R)? I don't know if he's in the age bracket, but I remember enjoying him in the role of Nate. Simone should be back as a recurring player. And I also thought of the roles of Harrison Davis and Meg Lawson.