GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think that's a lot of it. I also think she very believably played mental traumas - Lesley often seems to be having a mental breakdown but it's never treated as something shocking or horrifying or "soapy."

I do think she works better with Michael Gregory than Chris Robinson.

• Members

Monica's secret was that she only married Jeff because Rick didn't want her. Jeff and Monica were supposed to be the ideal couple (they even came into the hospital winning a "Mr. and Mrs. Doctor" contest, or something), but she had no real love for him. When Rick came back from the dead, she was obsessive over him, and Jeff was very hostile and jealous. I think she even convinced Rick that Jeff was beating her. Jeff attempted suicide.

• Members

Oh wow thanks. Why didnt she and Rick get together after they divorce? How did Alan enter the picture? Did she love Alan when she married him?

Its too bad the show never brought Jeff back. Especially with Monica's contempt and hate for Elizabeth. I think the dynamics betwee the 3 could have been interesting

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

The show should still bring Jeff back - while I have come to appreciate what I've seen of RDA's work, he could easily be recast.

Rick and Monica did have an affair, I believe, but Monica's schemes and Jeff's turmoil were a big drag, and Rick's growing feelings for Lesley (who was a good person and always had traumas) won out.

I'm not totally sure how long she'd known Alan. I think Alan came to work at the hospital and Quartermaine business began to follow. She and Alan weren't in love - at least she wasn't with him. She was trying to get over Rick. They seem happy in the November 1978 clips I've been making my way through, but her friendship with Rick is still prominent, which would then boil over into an affair again.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Alan came on in late 77.When Doug Marland took over he said he couldn't quite work out where Alan and Monica were doing.They were involved in hospital business and always at odds and he wasn't sure if they liked or hated each other. So he had them go to bed together as a prelude to building the relationship.

• Members

You've probably already seen all of this, or know about it, but these are some clips of the time period when Rick/Lesley were close to being married, and Patsy Rahn was still playing Monica. These go through some of 1977. There are 23 parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSNK7pZ6psE

This is fairly early on for Alan - so much so that Michael Gregory is still playing Rick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emiiv1ei--Y&feature=channel&list=UL

This is when Bobbie instigated a fight with Laura in the bookroom. I have to say I enjoy Bobbie a lot more as a bitch than as a heroine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yaUQEI-D2A&feature=channel&list=UL

This starts up a lot of stuff from November 1978, with many characters.

• Members

I would love to see the entire Heather story - it went on for years and years, with three very different actresses, as Heather went from being a confused, suffering girl to a sociopath.

I'd also love to see the entirety of when Monty took over and what she dumped - she even had them building the sets during taping, and just said it was hospital renovation.

If they won't bring back Jeff they should at least bring back Terri as some sort of mentor figure for the Webbers.

• Members

This Afternoon TV from August 1971 has some very quick synopses for one week, from the ABC Press Department. I guess this would be around April or May.

Monday - Peter tells DIana that Harold is improving

Tuesday - Brooke tells Jane that Lee is very depressed.

Wednesday - Jane confides to Lucille that she and Howie have quarreled.

Thursday - Audrey fears that Tom will upset the divorce hearing.

Friday - Audrey and Steve plan their future.