GH: Classic Thread

• Members

I think we can all agree of two things : (1) Jeff Webber was the hotter brother, (2) Jeff Webber had terrible luck in love (and an unusual attraction to women with mental illnesses).

Please register in order to view this content

(from the classic GH tumblr)

I started watching a few years later, so I have no memory of this rather odd story

It brings back memories of other 1970s TV movies when writers were unable to distinguish between Schizophrenia and Dissociative Identity Disorder

Also, a google search revealed that the only association to Breachman's Disease was that Lyme Disease was researched by a Dr Paul Breachman, but it does not appear to be a real thing (no surprise)

Edited by j swift

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

To each their own, (and maybe this isn't a good photo), but this guy is no match for RDA

Also, the only photo of Rick and Laura's wedding that I've ever seen

Whereas, Cameron may have been an abusive creep, but he was a babe

Leslie clearly had a thing for halo of flowers for her weddings

Also, who was Kira Faulkner and how was she related to Cameron?

Edited by j swift

• Members

I will readily admit that Michael Gregory did not photograph well. Still images of him are usually not terribly flattering.

But boy, he was striking and charismatic, and sexy as hell, "in motion." I always found Chris Robinson to be bland, stiff and boring by comparison. He was no match for Gregory! I would have dragged Michael Gregory behind the barn in a heartbeat!

• Members

The bulk of the Lisa/Lana story happened while Heather was out of Port Charles (does anyone know if this was when Heather was recast the first time?), selling Steven Lars through intermediaries to Peter and Diana.

Jeff found Heather towards the end of 1977, who told him the bogus story that Steven Lars had died. Heather later returned to Port Charles; Lana got jealous and eventually tried to kill Heather by forcing her out of a window at knife-point, but Peter and Jeff saved Heather and Lana was committed to a mental hospital.

https://vintage70ssoaprecaps.tumblr.com/post/138674539174/general-hospital-week-of-january-30-february-3

https://vintage70ssoaprecaps.tumblr.com/archive/2016/2/tagged/gh - has recaps from this period (filtered to the posting date of January 2016 to save everyone from having to scroll back through)

• Members

Mid 1970's (pre-Monty) GH seemed fun in a traditional soap melodrama kind of way

Mary Ellen goes on to cause an accident for the doctor who was going to perform emergency surgery on Terri.  So, Mark has to do the job himself (I recall Gerald Gordon on The Doctors mostly indicating his emotions with extreme nostril flaring).  Terri survives with some minor memory loss.  Terri finally remembers what happens, but breaks it off with Mark when Mary Ellen makes a failed suicide attempt.  Her only hope is that Mark's insurance investigator tracks the ring Mary Ellen reported stolen, but actually pawned to pay off her driver.

All that being said, it was easy to see that these stories skewed much older, and Laura seems to be the only young person in Port Charles.  Poisoned tea and meddlesome chauffeurs must have felt out of style and Monty's ideas clearly brought the show up to date.

Edited by j swift

• Members

The credits say Bill Levinson. How soon until Labine? And I thought that Sonny started when her episodes started airing but I do know that she didn't actually create him -- I heard Sonny's debut coincide with her start.  And there is something very Labine about the scenes.

• Members

It looks like Claire starts in August 1993 so this would be the tail end of Levinson's stuff.  Or perhaps a hybrid of both of them.  She definitely didn't create Sonny.  Labine is the one who finished the Sonny/Karen stuff very quickly and then moved him on to Brenda.   Claire basically created that monster that is Sonny though by making him a 'good' guy.   I believe he was to be written off post-Karen, but then Claire created Sonny/Brenda, brought on Stone, etc. etc. and it looked like Brenda was initially headed toward an AJ pairing, which I could have been about.  I thought VM and SK had pretty good chemistry.