GH: Classic Thread

• Members

Thanks, that's interesting to know. 

Also, it seems like a missed opportunity to not make Elizabeth and Sarah into Terri's daughters because there would have been less fan concern about her return.  Although in writing that I realized that (a) their last name wouldn't have been Webber if Terri got married and had kids, and (b) Elizabeth wouldn't have had a connection to Audrey Hardy, if she wasn't her (step?) grandmother through Jeff. SO, never mind...

Edited by j swift

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brian and Claudia were supporting characters. Who once in awhile had a decent C story. Which often last a week or two. From what i've seen it wasn't a major event. This wedding wasn't to lavish for this era. Do love seeing everyone acting like a community. This is so lacking in modern era GH.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Michael Gregory, the original Rick Webber, looked somewhat dorky in still photographs, but the actor was very charismatic and alluring; sexy AF. I always found his replacement to be cold and aloof, and quite uninteresting by comparison. Michael Gregory was HOT.

GH kept going through massive overhauls in the mid-to-late 1970s, before Monty and Douglas Marland arrived, but I was sorry that the show eliminated Terri Webber from the canvas. The actress who played her, Bobbi Jorden, was lovely, talented, and very sympathetic; she had major rooting value. 

Of course, Richard Dean Anderson was sex on a stick back then. I might have been torn between Rick and Jeff when Michael Gregory played Rick, but after he left, I would have dumped Chris Robinson's Rick Webber in a heartbeat and run back to Jeff, LOL.

• Members

Bob Guza left toward the end of 2000 because he supposedly got fed up with not being able to tell his stories without interference. Wendy got the blamed and she was fired too a couple months later. That's why when Bob Guza returned in 2002, he negotiated in his contract that he would have an executive producer credit as well so he would have more power.

The other rumor was that Jill Farren Phelps had a contract at ABC, and Felicia Behr couldn't stand her and wanted her out of the New York soaps (she oversaw the NY ABC soaps at the time.) That was just a rumor at the time, I'm not sure the truth in it.

Edited by ghfan89

• Members

The ratings info I have are from a variety of sources, but mostly Daytime TV which published monthly ratings from a few months prior to publication date.

They don't detail whether the ratings they show are the monthly average or just the results from one particular week from that month.

Nonetheless they give a good guide to how GH was fairing pre Monty/Monty and Marland and then Monty and PFS.

By April 77 GH was not in top 10 soaps or top 15 daytime shows AMC, OLTL and RH all outrated GH. AW on NBC and All in the Family/Match Game on CBS were trouncing GH. ABC tried new writers to rev up GH.

Nov 77

GH not in top 15 daytime shows

ABC hires Doug Marland late 77 and then decides to expand to 60 min and hires Gloria Monty.

Jan -Aug 78

GH #6 in soaps 7.2/25 #8 overall. AMC was #1 soap in that time. So over those months show makes a dramatic comeback.

Nov 78

#7 7.1/25

Dec 78

#2 8.8/30

Jan 79

#2 9.7/29

Feb 79

#3 10.29

March 79

#5 8.0/27

April 79

#5 8.0/31