GH: Classic Thread

• Members

Remember when Kristina was actually considered a lead actress on GH? She looks fabulous there, what a figure!

Watching that montage was so sad because of how well balanced it was. So many old time favourites were still featured. The mob violence was there, but it was not overwhelming. The scenes of the beautiful Bachenlia, and Jax and Brenda on the beach, those were the days.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So true. I never understood why GH vilified Felicia who was played by an actress who was beautiful, charismatic and talented enough to show subtlety and layers in her performance. Apparently GH's version of the perfect mother is Carly who has no redeeming social value and in her current iteration is an unattractive screeching harpy. Along with her other defects she only seems to be aware she has children when she needs them as pawns for purposes of negotiation and manipulation.

• Members

Barry Cahill,Rachel Ames husband has died,They were married since 1968.He played Sam on Y&R in the mid 70's.

ahill, Barry May 28, 1921 - April 9, 2012 Born in Vancouver, Canada to Stephen and Theresa Cahill. Accomplished actor of 50 years. Known for his sense of humor and love of life, he will be missed by all. Loving husband, father, uncle, brother and friend. Survived by his wife of 42 years, Rachel, daughter Christine, step-daughter Susan, grandchildren, Jocelyn and Marc, and nieces Leslie, Theresa and Mary Ann. Funeral services were held at Mission Hills Catholic Mortuary. In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to: Livingston Memorial Visiting Nurse Assoc. & Hospice 1996 Eastman Avenue, Suite 101 Ventura, CA 93003 Ph: (805) 642-0239 (800) 223-4862 www.livingstonvna.org

Published in the Los Angeles Times from April 12 to April 15, 2012

RIP+Cahill.jpg

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

It was very odd. KW had to be one of the prettiest women to ever be on GH, they called her old and sidelined her but then put on the older and older looking Nancy Lee Grahn? It was always about the mob and Felicia just never found her place in the post-Monty world of no adventure. She floundered for years from Tom to Mac to Luke and she was just an 80s gal who never was able to successfully transition to the more down to earth stories. Had Felicia been a mob character it would not have been a problem.

• Members

Perhaps it's because I started watching almost 20 years ago, but I didn't see Felicia as out of place at all. Granted, I was too young to have watched the 80s adventure years, but my memories of her in the 90s were fond ones.

Unlike the horrendous way that they've written her daughter once they SORASed and recasted her, I thought she struck a perfect balance of being dreamy without being a ditz. During the height of my GH watching in the 90s, I thought she was necessary to the canvas precisely because she was a lighthearted character that could do the lighthearted storylines that balanced out the tragic/dark ones.

To this day, it saddens me that this show has been gutted so much that a full and vibrant character such as Felicia Scorpio-Jones couldn't thrive there without being steamrolled under the bus.

• Members

I thought Felicia was a very viable character until her pairning with Luke. That ruined her in so many ways. Its not like she couldnt recovered but by the time that was done, no one at GH really seemed to care and she just wondered about until she was dropped