GH: Classic Thread

• Members

Apparently this is going to get even worse. 

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2020/12/case-act-hidden-coronavirus-relief-bill-just-beginning-next-copyright-battle

I guess, like you said, we'll just save what we can and hope some treasures will still appear. That's the part that most bothers me...knowing some may have material out there we have never known of, but won't share now.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Well THAT article was grim and scary. You know, I still have tons of ancient material on DVD-R, VHS and even Beta (!!!). A lot of it still plays, but my decades-old videotapes are now hit-and-miss. I've copied hours and hours of vintage shows and sent them out to friends, but even when they have uploaded those tapes to the internet, the uploads often disappear without warning. The stuff I've transferred to USB is now corrupted and lost. How are we supposed to save all our treasures? Videotapes wear out, USB keys get corrupted, internet sites delete precious stuff. We can preserve video and audio on our laptops, sure, but once our computers die, as they are all wont to do, the material is lost to us from there as well. It's so disheartening. I know, I know: "It's only old TV shows." People tell me this all the time, in a dismissive manner. But I LOVE classic soaps, and once these episodes are gone from among collectors, they will be lost forever. I'm going to be so depressed if I cannot find that 1974 Alice/Rachel/Aunt Liz confrontation scene again. Sigh and grunt!

• Members

I have been given links to the Y&R vault a few times, but every time I try to return, I get a message saying that I need to sign in with a password. I just tried to access the vault right now and I got a notification which said the page might have been moved or deleted.

Google Drive might indeed be our best option. I have friends who use it and it seems to work well for them, although I have never downloaded any of my own stuff there yet. I'm going to start looking into that now that my USB drive is dead. If I downloaded 64 GB of stuff to a second USB stick and that died too, I'd be murderous, LOL.

• Members

Hey all. I recall a few years ago there was a scene after AJ’s shooting, and Sonny had a scene with the Three Carlys in the chapel (SB, TB, LW). Is my mind playing tricks, or was there *another* scene where they did the same thing, only this time they had all four Carlys (including JB)?

• Members

Yup, what happened was, Alan had a midlife crisis (a friend had died) and cheated on Monica with a nurse. Sean was a patient at GH (I think he was trying to avoid prosecution so he'd prolong his symptoms). Anyway, Monica and Sean got together, Alan and Monica were once again on the outs, there was other Quartermaine drama like the breakup of Jimmy Lee and Celia's marriage and Monica's cousin Lorena hooking up with Derek Barrington because she couldn't have Jimmy Lee, Sean stole the Qs money, Monica kicked them out, Alan faked his death and having amnesia while living a simple country life, Tiffany came back to PC and fell for Sean, Lila and Stella invented Pickle-Lila, Jimmy Lee stole Alan's girl Charity and married her before leaving town finally at peace with Edward and Alan and Monica ended up back together.