GH: Classic Thread

• Members

I remember thinking at the time that he was not well suited to play a cop.

Kristen Storms has her charms as

Maxie- screwball comedy, bitchy rivalry, and she is capable of drama.  Much like LC as Monica though- they have made her into a tragic character several times over the years, and stopped writing to their strengths.  

She is kind of like a modern Lucy, that unfortunately never was allowed to actually go as far into selfish or as fun as Lucy, and never got that one rival (Bobbie) or romantic pairing to carry her through (Scott).

Genie Francis could play light and dark material equally well, although she excelled at emotional material.  Kristen is being asked to play that kind of material often, and it just doesn’t sit as well.

Oh the summer of sleaze!  I was firmly in the Jason Liz camp, and have never understood why it didn’t happen.  I recall rumors that it was yet again (SJB’s Carly) a pairing Steve did not want to happen.

The only time I enjoyed Sam was when she went bad during this.

I also had forgotten how involved Manny was in everything.

Even though at the time I was mad Laura was gone and the vets except Luke and Tracy were all but gone, I did enjoy characters like Lorenzo, Patrick, Skye, Jesse, Ric, Georgie and Dillon, etc.  I just needed more balance.

Also, how typical of JFP and Guza- the majority of characters I liked that they created were the men.  The women got such horrible writing.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The guy that played Jesse wasn't very good.  

I really like Kirsten Storms and I think she plays Maxie well, but GH never really utilizes her right. And they dress her terribly..    I sorta wish she just stayed playing Belle on Days. I always thought her and Spinelli were popular?   Maybe not.  Spinelli was an annoying character always lol.

I liked the Summer of Sleaze.  It was ridiculous and made everyone look bad but it was literally the only time I liked Sam.  I am not a Liz/Jason shipper or anything but they really got nothing overall.  I mean, a kid, sure, but they never got a chance to be anything more.  It was bizarre and I am sure behind the scenes stuff, but they deserved a shot.  They have good chemistry to this day.

GH has always puzzled me in the way they discard vets while shows like Days literally still use their 60 plus stars to lead stories lol. 

• Members

Lulu was actually Maxie's rival for a period of time but of course by 2009 they were bffs. Their feuds since then haven't lasted very long; despite Maxie lying about the surrogacy, or the period where Maxie blamed Lulu for Nathan's death.

I'd also argue that Spinelli has been the constant romantic pairing in Maxie's life. Sure, they have been platonic for years what with Bradford Anderson only guesting for brief stints since about 2003; but the show has always kept their link alive via their co-parenting of their daughter.

True, although it's been so long now that some of the mob crew are as tenured as their Days counterparts.

• Members

Yes, Genie went on a maternity leave and then just didn’t come back to the show.  I feel like she was almost gone a whole year.  Guza tried to get her back when he returned from Sunset Beach, and it took months to convince her to come back.

The realization, if I remember correctly, was that Stefan was in love with Laura, and was trying to turn Katherine into a version of her.  Her hair, her dress.  I think they even talk about it before she runs out and ends up dying.

• Members

Gotta say, I don't think there is an actress in daytime who sold sex and seduction better than Lynn Herring. It was just effortless. 

I keep thinking of other actresses that could do this scene justice and deliver it without it coming off as forced or cheesy or cringe and I'm coming up blank. 

I know one of her Emmy nominations came from a seduction scene - it was deserved.

• Members

It was almost 18 months if you include the periods where Genie only made fleeting returns.

Laura basically was away for over a month after her death was faked in the lead up to the Twist of Fate primetime special in December 1996, came back for February '97 sweeps and then left again (Laura moved to Switzerland with Lesley after Stefan threatened her), made a few appearances in May '97 sweeps and then didn't appear again until May '98.

• Members

Genie did have it good until right around the time she left at the end of feb sweeps. In my opinion, even by the end of Levinson (once the show really started seeming like Riche), through the first 6 months of Culliton, the show was overall very well written for her entire return.  Labine didn’t always do great by her character, but the show as a whole was well written.  She managed to leave as it was falling apart, and didn’t come back until Guza had officially back for like 5 or 6 months.