GH: Classic Thread

• Members

I would, too.  Believe it or not, though, I would resist killing off that whole crew.  Instead, I would force Sonny, Jason, Carly, Sam and everyone else connected into the Federal Witness Relocation Program.

Edited by Khan

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

With the network in charge, I would not be allowed kill off everyone who needed the axe (if nothing else it would be redundant and creatively lazy), but some of the worst characters would end up six feet under, while others would be shipped off to jail or be placed in the Relocation  Program.

I would have the families of Sonny's murder victims team up with Taggert. Together they form The Friends of Port Charles. FPC launches  a  social media assault on Sonny. Releasing a scandalous doc on Sonny.  Monica becomes a member.  Vowing vengeance  for AJ. Monica goes after Sonny with a gun. But accidentally shoots Jason instead. Who finally gets his Jason Q memories.  On location as In The Air Tonight ('Panski & John Skyfield Remix) [Deep House] plays. Sonny tries to flee PC. But on the private jet the feds nab him. Jason Morgan and Jason Q merging into one person. Is way too much for Jason. Who's institutionalized at Ferncliff,  The person that created and funded FPC is none other than Julian Jerome. Who plans on taking over Sonny's mob empire. But Jason kills him. Wanting to make amends for the life of crime he lead, Ava ends up mob queen of PC. Carly having lost everything flees town. But before she leaves. Carly goes after Ava. As Carly and Ava have their final battle in the foggy PC docks. As Ava tries to take Carly's gun. Carly falls into water as a boat crushes and decapitates Carly. 

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

I would send Sonny to prison or kill him off.  I would have him quit the mob and send him to Rome with Brenda, but that seems like too happy of an ending for him and frankly, Brenda deserves better lol.  I would keep Jason and give him his memories back   Have him repent his sins and start a new life.  Even though I personally like Sonny better, I think Jason is probably the more important character for GH.  And poor Monica needs one of her kids to survive.

Aside from the poor life choice of marrying and procreating with Carly. I think Jax is fine.  I don't think GH uses him well at all. 

He's a pretty good catch and he is basically been marginalized for Sonny his entire GH career.  I could take or leave Lw's Carly but I prefer her over 75% off the cast.   There is something inherently unlikeable about Laura Wright though.

I am honestly not sure if Sam or KeMo has a lot of fans.   It seems like it and I am not sure why.  She's attractive but I have never seen an actress look like she was phoning it in more than her.  She is so monotone and boring.

• Members

Imagine if all this could happen in one week! 

I agree, Brenda probably desereves better, and Sonny surely does not deserve any sort of happy ending. Death or a lifetime prison sentence are the only options, IMHO.

Yep, there's something really unlikable about LW on-screen. She may be a wonderful person in real life, but both on TGL and GH, she's turned me off completely. The soap deserves better than having an unlikable performer as one of the leads. 

I am seeing more creativity from the fans than we ever get from the actual writers! 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I wouldn't be against killing Carly off honestly.  I was never a huge Carly fan, so LW's deviation from the actual true version of SJB's Carly doesn't seriously offend me, but I am not sure why they even keep LW around.  She plays Carly like a loud soccer mom.  She has no romantic chemistry with MB and it's not like she is an amazingly stunning beauty of anything (although she is attractive).  She seems like a cool person IRL, but she lacks any vulnerability and warmth onscreen.  She's just a very cold actress and it doesn't work well for the character of Carly.  But to be honest, I am used to her and, like I said, there are many characters that I would ditch before her.  I do think Carly and Jax make a good couple and they actually have chemistry.  But the bigger problem is I like CarJax, but it's been well over a decade since I shipped a character or couple on GH, so I don't really care who ends up with who.

• Members

Steve Burton is the only person that can play Jason IMO, even if he's not doing it well right now.

In addition to cast slimming I think cutting the show 30 minutes (and all other hour-long soaps for that matter) would do it a whole lot of good.

LOL, GH is bad right now, but in its defence....CBS may bring in the numbers but its soaps are currenly in  crap  quality where storyline is concerned. Y&R has been dull for so many years now, meanwhile The Bold and the Beautiful just keeps recycling romance plots. At least GH gets relatively creative with their lackluster stories.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

I've been saying this for awhile. I honestly think the main reason B&B has been sustaining/gaining in the ratings is less to do with their storytelling (because we all know how consistent THAT is) and more to do with the fact it's aired in relatively bite-sized chunks so it's easier to get sucked in than an hour-long show (I also think this is why no soap that's debuted as an hour has ever been truly successful in the ratings).

GH honestly needs to do a big blowout story where someone who has hated the mob for the past few decades (I always figured Monica would be the best person to head this up) brings the mob down and then we jail the worst ones (Sonny/Jason etc.) and move on with actual doctors and medical stories.

• Members

I would have had Monica shoot the bastard right after it was revealed that he killed AJ, but she was pretty much forgotten about once everyone found out.

When I was watching GH on and off, I actually liked Sonny, but after I started watching everyday he really began to annoy me. What really made me start to dislike him was Avery's conception. That was just nasty.

• Members

Y&R is my favorite soap but for the life of me I cannot understand why its still #1. Since Bill Bell died in 2005 the show hasn't been the same. B&B has been past prime quality since about 2002 yet it still beats GH? Perhaps one of the main reasons is that they have not back backburnered most of their veteran casts,  and they can still appeal to an older audience, compared to ABC's youth craze. 

Dont get me wrong the mob drama could have its place. It gives Gh that urban crime edge element. It can be a portion of the show, limited to 2 or 3 characters, but not the entire show. I think the Bill Levinson era in 93/94ish did this well. It was more serious and impactful than the mob trash that came afterwards. The Gloria Monty era had a good balance with mob story lines as well. The 90s also did attempt to keep some focus on the hospital which was good.

I liked GH, OLTL, and ATWT especially because they attempted to introduce a variety of story lines with their plots rather than sticking to one formula. (It wasn't good when they tried extreme plots).

Edited by ironlion

• Members

Actually, while Bill Levinson seems to have created Sonny, i'm pretty sure he got booted out and replaced by Claire Labine almost immediately afterwards, so the would have been her work I think. It was under her tenure that Frank Smith's mob was reintroduced to tie into Luke and Laura's return.

I think the mob angle should have been rested for a few years after Sonny left Brenda in the rain in 1997, with the show moving on to feature different sorts of action oriented drama - like the show did after Duke and the Jeromes left or earlier when Frank Smith's mob left. Instead, Jason ended up taking over the mob for a year until Maurice Benard came back.

By 98 - 99, the show had really divided itself into the Cassadine side and the mob side. The show was already too mob dominated but at least had something else still going on over on the other side of town (and Stefan actually owned GH which was a good move to tie him into the core setting). Once Endgame happened and the more villainous Cassadine's ceased to be a consistent presence in Port Charles, then the mob ended up completely taking over the show.

• Members

That's why it's essential for GH to focus on at least SOME likable characters and charismatic actors. With toilet-level ratings, it's essential that a larger audience find characters on the show whom we CAN CARE ABOUT; couples who are charismatic and appealing enough that we long for them to get together. That's completely missing from today's degenerate-centric GH. The show also desperately needs a strong moral core; a Steve Hardy, Jessie Brewer, Tom Horton, Alice Horton, Bert Bauer, Ada Hobson type of matriarch or patriarch who can anchor the series and the troubled citizens of Port Charles with words of wisdom, warmth and integrity. GH's best bet there would be Lesley Webber, a familiar face played by a beloved actress who is connected to many other characters on canvas.