GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

According to Wikipedia, Genie Francis made her debut February 8. Kin Shriner made his on August 2. The Head Writers were either Robert and Eileen Pollock or Richard and Suzanne Holland. There's no dates telling us when the change of writers happened or when Leslie Charleson made her debut. There was one more team in 77, Irving and Tex Elman and then after them, finally Doug Marland took over later on in the year.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

This article doesn't answer any of the questions asked directly, but it might provide some clues for anyone in the know:

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/tbt-leslie-charleson-3/

I do remember reading in the late Christopher Schemmering's Soap Opera Encyclopedia that Irving and Tex Elman were the ones responsible for pairing Laura and Scotty together.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks! I really enjoyed this episode even though nothing truly important happened.  So many good characters.  The Q's!, Alan's increasing drug addiction, Bobbie being a good friend, Emily and Monica having a true heart to heart, SJB's Carly and her schemes, Aj, Keesha, and Julia (love Julia!).  The weakest link was Jax and Brenda who were pretty boring and having the same conversation about Sonny they have in various forms for the next 6-9 months ( who am I kidding they have this same conversation about Sonny in various forms for the next 20 years) The Q's add so much.   It's weird because I remember thinking 1997-1998 was a mess for GH at the time except for Carly/Tony/Aj/Jason.  Mb had left and the Brenda breakdown story was awful and Port Charles had just started so things were a little weird, but the show was actually good.  Also I wished they kept CC as Julia-she was great.  And young Amber Tamblyn was great as well.  I actually want to see the next episode

Julia was the best of the characters from GM's second run. I forgot she made an appearance. Poor Dara Jensen they never did anything with her. It's great see all the Q's alive. I also forgot that Buffy's Emma Caulfield was on GH. I'll take 1997 over today's GH. Present day GH feels so lifeless and flavorless. Even through it's a low key episode it still entertaining and lively. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton