Jump to content
Max

Classic GH Thread

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, amybrickwallace said:

Genie was quite good in The Note movies on Hallmark. I wonder why she hasn't done more movies for them. Give her a series on Mysteries and Movies; they have a slot to fill with Lori Loughlin now out of the picture.

 

Agree!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/29/2018 at 8:03 PM, titan1978 said:

Oh my mother hated Lesley back in the day.  Hated her.    She didn’t care for Audrey either.  So it’s not just modern fans.

 

I wasn’t really that fond of Robert.  But when he came back during the contagion story, I was shocked how happy I was to have him back and how much I had truly missed him.

Not fond of Robert???????? wha? How? who? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RobertAnnaGirl said:

Not fond of Robert???????? wha? How? who? 

I didn’t hate Robert, I just didn’t enjoy him and if he had a love interest I didn’t dig (Katherine) then he was especially grating.

 

Outside of Anna being my favorite, I was way more into Frisco back then than Robert.

 

But when he came back it was like a breath of fresh air.  Even now, I love the way he says Corinthos.  Just the right amount of contempt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God it's sad I'd take non-entity Julie Carruthers over Frank at this point (I don't think Wendy is an option but I'd love to dream, unfortunately, lightning doesn't always strike twice, either ...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, KMan101 said:

(I don't think Wendy is an option but I'd love to dream, unfortunately, lightning doesn't always strike twice, either ...)

 

One need look no further than her predecessor...(and she wouldn't have anyone even close to the caliber of Claire Labine on her writing team.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2019 at 10:58 AM, OldGHFan said:

^^^^ Man, what I'd give to have these ladies back in charge at GH!

Amen!!! Its loyalty not quality thats keeping the audience at this point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, victoria foxton said:

 

 

GH wasn't very good back then.  I mean, miles ahead of where it is now, but all those stories were duds.  Nik/Stefan/Katherine?  Awful and boring and GH was weirdly obsessive about re-pairing Patch and Kayla.  Bobbie and Stefan were good together. 

 

Jax with V following him around because the police think he is a drug dealer? Stupid.  Clearly they had no idea what to do with Ingo after S/B/J round 1 ended.  V was okay though. 

 

The Dr. Dorman murder veering into the Tin Man saga for Sonny and Brenda?  Probably their worst story of the 90's.  I still don't really understand how it all lead back to Lily's dad. 

 

Thank god for the Nurse's Ball, but I genuinely disliked that twit Gina Cates.  Caring about her brother 1 1/2 years after his death?  Great.  Glad you couldn't be bothered to show up when he was dying.

 

Sidenote:  I do get a kick out of how much Garcia and Taggert hate Sonny and Jason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2019 at 12:06 AM, amybrickwallace said:

 

One need look no further than her predecessor...(and she wouldn't have anyone even close to the caliber of Claire Labine on her writing team.)

 

Exactly.

 

I'd still take her back though, LOL

 

But sadly most competent producers and writers have no interest anymore, due to years of interference, etc. They've basically all been driven out. Hence the recycling of hacks.

21 minutes ago, carolineg said:

 

GH wasn't very good back then.  I mean, miles ahead of where it is now, but all those stories were duds.  Nik/Stefan/Katherine?  Awful and boring and GH was weirdly obsessive about re-pairing Patch and Kayla.  Bobbie and Stefan were good together. 

 

Jax with V following him around because the police think he is a drug dealer? Stupid.  Clearly they had no idea what to do with Ingo after S/B/J round 1 ended.  V was okay though. 

 

The Dr. Dorman murder veering into the Tin Man saga for Sonny and Brenda?  Probably their worst story of the 90's.  I still don't really understand how it all lead back to Lily's dad. 

 

Thank god for the Nurse's Ball, but I genuinely disliked that twit Gina Cates.  Caring about her brother 1 1/2 years after his death?  Great.  Glad you couldn't be bothered to show up when he was dying.

 

Sidenote:  I do get a kick out of how much Garcia and Taggert hate Sonny and Jason. 

 

1997 was ... not good but like you said ... I'd take it back anyday over whatever this is now ... hell 2018 was better than 2019 has been. It's not even offensive or destructive, really, it's just ... not good. It feels like it's on autopilot.

 

I LIVED for Garcia and Taggert's hatred of Sonny and Jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

I'd take it back anyday over whatever this is now ... hell 2018 was better than 2019 has been. It's not even offensive or destructive, really, it's just ... not good. It feels like it's on autopilot.

 

I LIVED for Garcia and Taggert's hatred of Sonny and Jason.

 

Yeah, other than Mike, Stella and their stories - it's just so blah. I too loved Taggert/Garcia vs. Sonny/Anger Boy. Those were the days...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, KMan101 said:

 

Exactly.

 

I'd still take her back though, LOL

 

But sadly most competent producers and writers have no interest anymore, due to years of interference, etc. They've basically all been driven out. Hence the recycling of hacks.

 

1997 was ... not good but like you said ... I'd take it back anyday over whatever this is now ... hell 2018 was better than 2019 has been. It's not even offensive or destructive, really, it's just ... not good. It feels like it's on autopilot.

 

I LIVED for Garcia and Taggert's hatred of Sonny and Jason.

 

Garcia and Taggert were totally over the top with their hatred and in 1997 I actually disliked them being so mean to Jason/Sonny because teenage me didn't think the anger was justified.   Now I would love for a character, any character to hate Sonny and Jason because they are actual criminals.  I want them both to come back immediately and just bother Sonny/Jason like they used to.

 

I would agree that the show now isn't offensive.  It's just there.  It's boring   I feel like even when things happen it's boring.  GH still has an okay budget and some good actors everything just moves so slowly or not at all.  The show needs a major shake up.  I would fire a lot of the cast (Nina, Finn, Peter, Valentin, Kim, Franco, Drew etc-the ones that make some money) and bring back some vets (insert about 10 names that would work).   Bringing Jax back was a start but some other recent casting announcements make me wonder why are we wasting time on this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...