GH: Classic Thread

• Members

Totally agreed, it was well established that Bobbie brought Luke to Port Charles to help her land Scotty.  At the time, it appeared as if Luke had never been to Port Charles.

And when Bobbie later had marital difficulties with Jake over her trying to rescue Melissa (Amy Dolenz) from teenaged prostitution in Miami it was referenced that Ruby's "business" had been in Florida, before Scotty had to rescue them.

However, in 1991 when the ill-fated Eckert family appeared as Spencer cousins (although the parentage of cousin Joey Mosconi was never confirmed), it was established that they were longtime residents of Port Charles.   The Eckert Bakery was down the street from Rose's Diner (no mention of if Port Charles's Little Italy section was near the once popular Chinatown section where Jade lived) and for about one week they tried to make it the new gathering place for characters to meet for coffee.  Then it fell down (with the ratings) in the summer of '91 when Port Charles, (a tiny seaside village in upstate New York), was hit with the first of two earthquakes that have shaken the town (to be fair, they had to incorporate the '94 earthquake because the actual Northridge quake damaged the sets).

BTW, everyone always wants to bring back old Quartermaines, but what about poor Cousin Joey?  He's out there somewhere with his Aunt Angela and his younger cousin Sly.  

Edited by j swift

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Tracy arrived in Pt Charles for Alan and Monica's June 78 wedding. Their honeymoon was delayed as Monica had to testify at Lesley's trial. gail agreed to be matron of  honour.

It is odd that there have never been photos of A & M's wedding. You would think the wedding would be featured. I've seen no mention that they eloped. SOD simply states 'Monica and Alan are wed!'

• Members

Faith is a Q(I had company earlier, so I was adding between conersation.) Keesha is David Ward's daughter, so while technically not a Q, is another character that should have returned years ago. A good writer could have gotten lots of mileage out of Keesha/Jason/Liz/AJ story in 2015 instead of pushing turd Franco down our throats. Shoving him down the throats of viewers as some attempt at a romantic lead rather than the grinning inappropriate.......     Uggghhh.

Dr. Maya would be a great fit going toe to toe  with Monica over new cutting edge medicine and mentoring TJ., all while trying to pry Zoe free of Dawn of Duh........  All while Faith and Stella are vying for Marcus.

Plenty of straight up drama to be had for the Ward branch of the Quartermaine family tree

• Members

Great clips.

I grew up in the Anna, Frisco and Felicia era of the show.  But I absolutely loved Dr Hardy, Lee and Gail and Lesley (it was on around me when I was a kid, I just didn’t make a choice to follow the show for myself until that mid 1980’s time period).   Clips like these make me miss those characters, and what might have been had they not all been so sidelined and many of them now sadly passed away.

• Members

I think Susan was killed too soon.  Just imagine 5 or 6 years of her making Alan miserable. Using Scotty to get herself some ELQ shares on behalf of Jason or even of her own through lawsuits or the threat of public humiliation.  Fighting with Monica.

I used to love Lucy holding her shares over everyone’s head.  Imagine if we had Susan and Lucy?

• Members

Was skimming through YouTube and came across a video from 1985 of a Pretros Cassadine that was identical to Mikkos? Was this an actual story or a plot device? I have never heard of a Mikkos and did not know the same actor returned in a different role. 

• Members

I’ve been watching this playlist covering Luke & Laura and Lucky’s return in 1993.  So many great little moments surrounding all the big events, like Laura finding the old Ward house and her feeling the memories of them while she and Luke hide out.  Just the image of her seeing the house is special.

This clip reminded me of the easy chemistry Laura and Tony had as friends, and the ending with Scotty is just good soap opera writing.  Play those beats!

• Members

Genie is great during this period.  But it really highlights how her other soap roles were not a good fit for her talents. 

SOD reported that when she signed on to DAYS as Diana, Genie was hungry to get back on screen.  However, from her later interview with Oprah, it appears that every time she got cast on another soap they unsuccessfully tried to play her against type.  Diana, Ceara, and Genvieve started as conniving women but they all wound up as passive victims.  It seems easier to lure Genie into a new role by saying that the character will be diametrically opposed to Laura, but maybe that's what she is best at playing? 

On the other hand, I don't think it helped that on DAYS and AMC she was trying to fill a void left by the absence of a more popular character, like Marlena.  She was definitely John Black and Jeremy Hunter's rebound romance.

Edited by j swift