Max

Classic GH Thread

On Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 2:51 PM, Max said:

This is not a GH clip, but here is a 1985 Plymouth Duster commercial featuring Finola Hughes:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1ZGwGFpjFxI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Only in the 80s would people be dancing in excitement over a compact car.

😂😂😂😂😂

I've been watching the 1985ish Felicia and Frisco storyline on you tube (it is fantastic, I've never seen it before). Its around 1985 and Tania just announced she was pregnant. Shortly after that Tony was apparently shot? There's a skip in the clips, was she pregnant with BJ or did she miscarry a baby before they had BJ?

On Friday, August 19, 2011 at 8:37 PM, Mr. Vixen said:

My all time favorite GH era was Labine's 1990s tenure. She told my favorite three storylines in GH's history: BJ's Heart, Monica's Breast Cancer and Stone's AIDs. She may have been "dark", but she did it with purpose. Every action had a consequence. BJ's death gave a new depth to the character of Maxie, and brough a new bond between Bobbie and Felicia. Monica's breast cancer showed that throughout the lies/cheating/betrayal, Alan and Monica loved each other more than life ("Can you HONESTLY say this is sexy? Do you want to go to bed with this?" "I'd love to.") It also brought Emily to the canvas. Stone's death not only brought awareness to AIDs at a time when it wasn't talked about that much, but has also given a legendary character a struggle to face for the rest of her life.

Truly beautiful, meaningful storytelling.

I'm the same age as Kimberly McCullough, and was in high school when the AIDS story aired. It has to go down as the most important teen storyline in the annals of daytime drama, and one of the best ever on TV - period.

Edited by amybrickwallace

On 11/10/2017 at 1:47 PM, amybrickwallace said:

I'm the same age as Kimberly McCullough, and was in high school when the AIDS story aired. It has to go down as the most important teen storyline in the annals of daytime drama, and one of the best ever on TV - period.

I'm a little younger but I was also in high school when that aired and I have to say, pathetic as it may be, I learned everything I knew about AIDS from GH back then. About safe sex too. Robin and Stone, along with Ned and Lois, really drew me into GH.

Video from 1982 was released of Demi Moore repeatedly passionately kissing her 15-year-old GH co-star, Philip Tanzini (Jeremy Logan). She was 19 and married to her first husband (Freddy Moore) at the time.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/demi-moore-philip-tanzini-et-video-age-general-hospital-kissing-at-party-a8051906.html

5 hours ago, amybrickwallace said:

How many years did they do the bit with the Qs always having to order pizza for Thanksgiving?

I think it started in the mid 1990's. One time was cute. Doing it every year is annoying.

The earliest instance I can find is 1994:

Personally, I prefer earlier Q Thanksgivings, like 1989 (Alan chewing out Dawn, "my wife's bastard daughtah!") or 1981 (Monica and Scotty having some common ground, plus Emma Lutz being thankful for Luke and Laura).