GH: Classic Thread

• Members

What memories does anyone have of Patsy Rahn's Monica and Michael Gregory's Rick

Regarding the Melissa recast I believe I read that GH filmed all of Melissa's scenes twice one with Jensen and one with the recast and waited out the issues with P&G

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thank you for letting me know!  I have never seen the scene on YouTube anywhere, but I remember a wonderful scene where Gail ripped Tracy a new one for goading Lee into taking a drink at The Floating Rib.  It was Jessie who caught the moment and alerted Gail to Tracy's shenanigans.

In my opinion, the Marland era, and the Falken-Smith era before the Ice Princess nonsense began was when GH was at its best under Gloria Monty.

• Members

Rahn struck me as quieter and more reserved as Monica; Charleson brought more overt passion and fire to the role, but I felt Rahn was perfectly fine in the part.

Michael Gregory was sexy, charismatic and gregarious, and made Rick quite appealing and warm. After seeing him, I never adjusted or warmed up to Chris Robinson's cold, reserved, aloof interpretation of the role.

Yes, Gloria Monty was lucky to have both Marland and Smith; their work was stellar and helped revitalize and save the show. Poor Pat Falken Smith, though. It must have been a nightmare for her to return to GH after the writer's strike and have to deal with the fall-out from the Ice Princess crap. She sure made a point of telling the press that the atrocious writing of that summer was NOT hers.

Edited by vetsoapfan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I am fascinated by soap sets and set design.  On the SOD classic news TUMBLR, there was an article on the refurbished Quatermaine mansion from the early 90's.  The article noted the size of the front door and the added landing at the top of the stairs.  However, I instantly noticed that the door at the base of the stairway was missing.  The door was across from the living room entry.  In older episodes it was amusing to me because it changed from being an entrance to the kitchen to a coat closet depending on the season. 

Do you think one of the reasons the Q's always had pizza on Thanksgiving was because they could no longer get to the kitchen after Monica remodeled the house in the 90's?

Are there any other rooms on that floor or should we imagine a huge second floor, (because there are endless en-suite bedrooms for all the Q's and their cousins) on top of a tiny first floor, like an inverted triangle? 

Edited by j swift

• Members

That was a good scene between Monica/Gail.  It's interesting that the Pollocks' (during their year long stint) created the Jeff/Monica/Rick/Gail/Heather branch of the show... but it was Marland/Falken Smith that utilized that group to their fullest potential.  It proves that they saw potential in these characters and decided to stick with them rather than firing and replacing them with new characters.

When watching reruns of the Doctors (during the Pollock era).. they had created a train wreck character by the name of Stacy Wells... and it looks like they took that template with them to GH where they created Heather Grant... and both characters are alike.. except I think the Pollock's fixed what they did wrong with the Stacy character on GH.. because their Heather was interesting and more subtle (at least when played by Cher's half sister).

Edited by Soaplovers

• Members

@Khan or , (in a modern interpretation of the 70's drama) Jeff Webber used her for sex when Anne wouldn't engage in premarital intercourse.  Then, when she found out that she was pregnant, he refused to commit to her, alienated her at work, and turned the whole town against her, so that he still seemed good guy.  Then, when she tried to give the baby up for adoption, it winds up with a couple down the street from her.  Then, even her own mother turned against her.  Then, she was framed for murder and drank LSD tea.  

Heather wasn't born evil or insane, it was a necessary adaptation to a crazy time and place.

Edited by j swift