GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Two of my favorite scenes from the Bacchanalia.  I wasn’t really a fan of Katherine, but it is heartbreaking when she realizes just how much Stefan loves Laura.  

And the next clip has a scene with Amy confronting Alan about his addiction, and Laura finding the trunk and the infamous painting.  Such a great time on the show.

I had forgotten that Luke and Alexis were trying to kill Helena and Katherine “died” instead.  

• Members

I liked Falken-Smith's pre-1981 work, but not so much thereafter.  I have heard that the Ice Princess story line was pitched by Associate Head Writer A.J. Russell, against the objections of Falken-Smith.  I noticed in later years that Mr. Russell was a story consultant on GH for a long time.  I have long wondered, given his affinity for the far-fetched, as evidenced by the Ice Princess story line, if he was the brains behind the Casey the Alien mess years later.  

• Members

It's weird to think a former writer for "The Honeymooners" and "The Phil Silvers Show" also worked on GH.

It's also weird that Pat Falken Smith was involved in neither the beginning of the Ice Princess storyline (since, as you say, A.J. Russell pitched it) or in how it turned out (since Thom Racina -- or rather, one of his novels -- ended up being the one to finish it during the WGA strike).

Speaking of the Ice Princess, does anyone know how it was supposed to have turned out?  Because, as we all know, the original story had nothing at all to do with weather machines.

Edited by Khan

• Members

So, I was a huge Patch and Kayla fan and I couldn't stand Stefan and Katherine together.  Ugh.  So forced.  I didn't see any chemistry between them.  But Stefan and Laura were smokin'!!!  I just loved them.  And I was a huge Luke & Laura fan.  So weird how that works. 

• Members

They were not a good pairing on GH, but I think the story called for that.  As out of character as it was for Bobbie to be with Stefan, I wish we could have seen what Guza has planned there for a longer story.

The thing with Tony and Genie is they had a lot of charisma with the talent, and it made them chemistry machines.  I thought she had some heat with Sonny, Stefan, Mac and even Tony during the 1990’s period in the show.  And Luke had some heat with Lucy, Alexis, and even Helena then.  So I totally get being a fan of them together, and also seeing the possibilities for a triangle or two.

• Members

I enjoyed the pairing of Stefan and Bobbi.  There was a moment when as an audience we were unaware of Bobbi's motives.  Was she going to betray Luke or Stefan?  I barely recall scenes where Luke was actually spying on Stefan and Bobbi with a telescope and it was really thrilling.  Looking back now, one of the anachronisms that is amusing is that everyone runs around town wearing blazers.  Bobbi is off work as a nurse, she goes to seduce Stefan so, she throws on a suit jacket?  Even the teens are constantly wearing blazers as if a board meetings could be called at any minute.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

They didn't generate a lot of chemistry, but Katherine Bell was one of the most ill-defined characters ever.  She had so many romances that never clicked, different careers, different motivations, etc.  They tried pairing her with everyone: Ned, Mac, Scotty, Damian, Nicholas!!, Stefan.  The only thing I can remember being enjoyable about her was her rivalry with Lucy.

The characters of Stefan and Katherine never really made 'sense' together and with more appealing options (Bobbie, Laura) it just seemed very "look at us re-pairing Patch and Kayla" more than what actually worked for the storyline.  Then they kept having her fall off that damn parapet at Wyndemere.