GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

My mom was a faithful viewer during this period, but she was probably one of the few viewers who was a bit bored by Dr. Hardy re-telling the Christmas Story every year, but oh, how now, what I wouldn't give to be so "bored" again, to see all those actors and characters again, and to hear the "antiquated" musical score again, clearly and in all its glory!  While I fully realize that "GH" had to drop George Wright's music to keep up with the other soaps, I can remember the day the music changed.  It was very jarring to my family.  My sister exclaimed, "It sounds like the background music on Ryan's Hope!"  I don't know the exact date it happened, but to me, I truly think it was a day where part of the soul of "GH" was lost forever. 

• Members

Thanks for posting!  That was a great episode.  I’ve seen so little of the aftermath of the rape, I might need to fall into a YouTube hole.  So many great Christmas scenes on GH have involved Laura.

I’m so used to Bobbie kissing Luke’s ass that seeing her be actually mean and questioning him was great.  Because she was allowed to have a point of view in their relationship, which didn’t really happen anymore once Luke became the center of the show.  For the most part Bobbie deferred to him.

Jeff Webber, Joe Kelly and Scotty are all adorable.  Anne is a drip as always.  What a waste of so many good men.  I wish they would have kept Diana and killed Anne instead, I love Brooke Bundy.

And Monty and Falken-Smith are still my favorite EP/HW combo for this show until we get to Riche/Labine.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

There was something exciting about that ambulance during the action packed Monty era of the show.  I loved it.

But faces of the heart also just suited the Riche era too.  Especially the first 5 or 6 years of her tenure, when the updates were seamless.  I still love Lucy’s shot with her eyebrow going up, Lois with her nails framing her face, Stone and Robin’s two shot, Luke and Laura at the mid point two shot, and Felicia and Mac (that turtleneck!) at the end.  Especially once the Puerto Rico shots got added.

• Members

I always found it odd that John J. York was the final face, other than the possibility that he was last alphabetically. I always thought the final shot should go to one of the show's stars. (Plus I always hated Mac.)

I loved Vanessa Marcil's and Rosalind Cash's shots the most.

Edited by Faulkner