• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I for one like the idea of the story. Sonny's going to have to have a best friend... and it does sound like they're slowing down the story a little bit instead of rushing right through it.

One of the things Days has not done very well these last several years is have men and women be friends rather than paired up. We know they won't go the Sonny/Mel route romantically, so let her have a best male friend. Gives her something to do (hint hint, Marlene) and gives him someone to talk to that won't be so awkward.

One question, though, to the new writing team: Uh, where are Justin and Adrienne in all of this?

• Members

I agree. I am all for a friendship, tho I am bummed they dont really do Sonny/Abby scenes that much. I also like that they are playing many angles of this guys life. For example, He and Chad are becoming good friends, and chad doesnt care that he is gay. He and Will are going to end up hooking up. He and T do not get along because T has issues with his being gay (be it because T himself is and cant/wont deal or because he is just antigay). Then you have his family (Just/Adr/Abby.etc) who dont care and new friends like Melanie. He is also going to stay in Salem, get a job and go to college w/ everyone.

On the flip side of this, you have Will. Who, i dont even think, knows he is gay himself. I think he will start to realize it. While having people around him like Chad and Melanie and Abby who accept Sonny and dont care, the actions of Tad could still freak him out as well as coming out to his oddly religious family (i say oddly because really, those people so awful things and are pretty bad all around for being so devoted to god...).

No matter what they do, this will be interesting to see go down. And when is the last time that could be said about days?

as for Justin & Ad, Judi and Wally usually only tape a few days a week. I hope we continue to see them as much as we have, if not more. Id also like Sonny to see some of his other family. Maybe the new writers can give us a big Kiriakis dinner, with the man and their woman. Victor, Maggie, Bo, Hope, Justin, Adrianne, Brady, (whoever he is with at the time, Nicole? Madison?), Sonny and Melanie, his new BFF.

• Members

Sonny/Chad working to end their feuding families can't be all that they are about. Will/Sonny might be making a comeback but Chad has been inserted nicely into Sonny's life as well and I'm happy about that. What I'm seeing now reminds me of that spoiler that came out a long, long, long time ago. It stated that Chad would be part of Will's (presumably) gay storyline. And it's now happening, at least on Sonny's end.

• Members

Careful, careful! Casey's and Molly's interview had them mentioning CHILL and Casey said something about the viewers not giving up on that possibility. You can say he was just giving lip service but who the hell knows. Wouldn't it surprise many if CHILL was still the REAL outcome to all of this. Word is that these new writers have a rep for actually listening to fans.

Archived