Hoarders

Cheap21

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Joy's face, haha, and Sherri, "Go 'head mama!" That is pretty catchy, but of course, "Shakin' mah booty!" made me immediately uncomfortable. Surprising/Unpopular opinion here, but I would [!@#$%^&*] Elizabeth Hasselback's red state blue. ph34r.png

:lol: It's true about Obsessed! My friends have noticed it too. There are definitely exceptions, but it has an overall, "Upper middle class white people's problems" vibe to it with its tasteful office sit-downs with the psychiatrist. Hoarders is definitley other side of the tracks drama. Not making light of the folks' on Obsessed problems, but the show doesn't have the gawking wow factor of Hoarders.

It always trips me out when they find petrified cats. That is just insane. That pic of Dr. Zasio above, I believe that was the lady who was saving bags of her feces/bottles of tinkle because her toilet wasn't working.ohmy.png I could not get a wink of sleep in a house like that, I don't know how they do it. So sad.

• Members

That's her! I'll never forget her because when Lisa showed up at the house, the hoarder was buried under some of her hoard. Her head was poking out, but Lisa had to do a "Where's Waldo?" to even find her.

Which, I'm not gonna lie, that [!@#$%^&*] was FUNNY. And then you have doll lady in the same episode, screaming that she just has "this urge to DAHL!"

• Members

Okay, I am rolling with go-to-hell laughter right now! Damn you AMS! :lol: Just picturing her little head poking out, I could pee my pants (and save it? blink.png ). The doll lady, I was kind of scared for her! When her son was making the jokes about sending the "sick" dolls (who she was going to operate on sleep.png ) to the trash and she started hysterically laughing...nbe.jpg And I was too through when her son said he always paid his rent in ones so he knew she was spending the money for bills on her dolling.

• Members

LMAO!!

See, I've been watching this show too much. Between Gary and his bunnies, Hanna and her animals, and the various cats and mice on this show, the WHOLE time doll lady was on, I was wondering how they were gonna clean up all the doll sh!t. I just imagined a toilet overflowing with little brown cotton balls :lol:

• Members

:lol: Oh man, I feel so awful for laughing, but it really is other-worldly and out of touch. Did you see the one with the black lady whose husband left her and he promised to come back if she cleaned the house and then decided he was moving on regardless? That was tough to watch. So was the one with the lady whose baby died and she kept having them bring it to her until the grandmother told them not to again because the baby was starting to... go. :( She couldn't let go of the baby stuff she'd bought. Wait, or was that Intervention? No, I think Hoarders.

I can understand collectibles, books, dvds, garage sale stuff, but I just have to draw the line at human waste. The trash man comes every week. There is no reason why you can't get rid of that. How awful though, because I know it's deeper than that for them.

The ones where they have animals, I start itching.

• Members

YES! And they were interviewing him, and he flipped a [!@#$%^&*]? He came sliding back in and was like "hey" and seemed all uninterested, then just explodes and is like like "GET THIS MOTHERFUCKING MICROPHONE OFF OF ME!" It was so entertaining, but also so sad for the woman. He was just...done.

• Members

Yes! You know he had a chick on the side. She had egg all over her face. I think they were in Detroit. I just remember it looked depressing as hell in her neighborhood which I'm sure didn't help her situation.

• Members

LOL you two! AMCGal, was that the lady who said even if the yogurts were expired, she thought they were still good until the containers started to bubble/expand? See, my family has the opposite probem when we buy in bulk. We see that we have excess so we eat it all up even faster. Which is why I need to stop buying the 2L vodka bottles, but I suppose that's for the Intervention thread sleep.png ...

• Members

Oh, for sure. It was so sad. You could tell it was breaking her heart to part with the stuff, and he couldn't even stand by her through it. I really felt for her. The worst part? He was a preacher!

I am right there with you, my friend. Love me some Belvedere/Grey Goose! Have you tried the citrus Grey Goose? So good...Maybe this is a conversation better had via PM! laugh.png:lol:

• Members

I feel bad because yall are talking about serious moments from the show, but I keep thinking about all the hilarious stuff.

How about the episode where they tried to trick us into believing the 14-year-old (fat) girl was a hoarder, but it became very clear VERY FAST that it was her mother who was the control freak hoarder of the house. I usually have sympathy with the hoarders, but that woman put me over the edge. She threatened to leave her family if they didn't clean up the hoard, yet SHEEEEE was the one begging to keep all the bullshit. "I had that when I was kid! And my kids had it when they were kids! And I just wanna keep it..." The daughter was readily throwing junk away, but momma kept making her keep stuff.

And because I can't resist...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrFKZaYcdFk

• Members

*crying laughing trying not to wake up the house* I forgot about them! That mother was classic, I wish there were more hard-living soap harridans like her. She reminds me of the mom from that reality show where they have the bar? Speaking of bar, SoapBoy, I like Goose, Absolut, Svedka... my favorite flavored vodkas are the citrus and pear, but I usually go with plain vodka and tonic.

Don't feel bad, we're just frontin' so we look like we have hearts! :lol:

Archived