• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

TV Radio Mirror March 1957

The forceast is that, on Valentine's Day, TV's Valiant Lady, helen Emerson (Flora Campbell) will make Governor Walker (John Graham) the happiest politician in the country when she takes his hand at the altar. We predict that by 1960 our Valiant Lady will mold the Governor into presidential timber. Any bets?

• Members

Funny, the show didn't last much longer. Robert J. Shaw was the show's final writer and wrote for several years. I've read that CBS cancelled the show earlier in 1957, but kept postponing the conclusion because they hadn't finished the preparations for their replacement series. That must have been an awkward situation both onscreen and offscreen.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Regarding Hasso, I think the male reporter they are referring to is Elliott Norris, Terry O'Sullivan's character. Wasn't O'Sullivan swiped from "Search for Tomorrow" in order to raise the ratings? I remember looking at the ratings reports for individual cities and "Valiant Lady" did really well in some markets, however it doesn't seem it was enough. I also read a brief article that insinuate the original plan was to cancel the show earlier in 1957, but they continued the series because a replacement wasn't ready yet.

Here are some additional articles

• 7 months later...
  • Members

Allan Melvin played a pilot on the show alongside Larry Weber. Weber played Chris Kendall, an early suitor of Helen Emerson. Melvin was probably on around 1954 until maybe early 1955. Weber was replaced by Terry O'Sullivan's Elliott Norris.

Two brief articles about a storyline involving Elliott Norris' ward:

February 1956

and the new tragedy...

April 1956

and from TV-Radio Mirror a bit later. It looks like it covers the tail end of 1956 after Elliott Norris left and when Lawrence Walker was introduced.

And the captions from the article.

Edited by dc11786

• 2 weeks later...