FX: American Horror Story

Toups

• Members

Anyone watching this season? I decided to watch because the promos were intriguing and I like witches. I knew it would be amazing with Angela Basset and Kathy Bates joining Jessica Lange, but damn, this is freaking me out. I don't know what was the worse, the tortured and mutilated slaves, Queenie masturbating to seduce the minotaur or Madison getting her throat slit or the incest with Frankenstein's monster.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This is the first season of the show I'm watching and so far I'm enjoying it;the most disturbing scene for me was the mutilated slaves. As for the rest, I'm not surprised considering it's a Ryan Murphy show.

I laughed Lalaurie crying over Obama being president.

I'd be more surprised if Madison stayed dead than if she came back to life.

• Members

Loving this season. Nothing will beat Asylum for me, but they have a great cast this year. I was surprised they killed Madison so early. And this was probably the most disturbing episode of the entire series for me...but that ending scene between Fiona and Madison was phenomenal.

• Members

That had me in stitches! She was devastated and could not believe the country had come to this! LMAO!

This is my first season as well, and there are a lot of shows I will miss, but this aint one of them. I tuned in for Angela Bassett, but one of Kathy Bates' first scenes was spectacular - when Delphine learned her daughter was sleeping with the houseman! That was just brilliant! And if Jessica Lange does not get an Emmy, something is truly fucked up with the system! If all 3 tied for the statue, I would not be mad. I can't wait for the Marie/Delphine confrontation!

Taissa Farmiga is the spitting image of her sister. I mean twins born 20 years apart.

I'm even enjoying Gabby, and I am really curious as to what happened with Queenie and the bull?!

The scene at the end with Madison shocked the crap out of me, and yeah, she will be back. Once Fiona learned someone could match her "skills", it was lights out.

Don't care if Ryan Murphy or Eddie Murphy created this show, I love it more than I've loved most shows over several years. I am not into gore, but TWD has gotten me over that. AHS Coven is a masterpiece!

Just started S1 on Netflix (trying to get my money's worth from that POS).

• Members

I am loving this season! Loved last night's episode. I agree that the mutilation scenes in the first episode were a lil too gruesome for my taste (anything that resembles the realistic torture scenes like the Saw movies is too much for me), but I am loving where this story is going.

I loved Asylum too. I know there was mixed opinions about that season, but I loved every moment, and the way they wrapped it up at the end was delicious.

Madison getting her throat slit was a wonderful twist; no doubt, she will return from the grave.

I hope we get another song and dance scene starring Jessica Lange, the way we got "The Name Game" in Asylum. :) I love how her career has been re-energized by this show.

• Members

Started S1 and I'm not feeling it one bit. Dylan McDermott is a really good actor, but his meaty scenes always come off as whining. He was this way on The Practice too.

Not feeling Connie Britton either. I will give it a few more eppies and then check out S2, but so far, S3 is where it's at!

• Members

Yeah I find that annoying as well. They've used Angela Bassett as one of the stars to promote it, yet she isn't in the credits? All of the promo material features her and talks about the 3 elder witches. Plus, she's a HUGE name, but that's how my people get treated. Even if she's off contract they could've thrown her a bone based on name power and the fact that she'll likely be in every episode.

• Members

Jamie Brewer's also not in the credits sequence, even though this is her second season on the show and she's become a breakout star. I just find it odd the way people are credited on the show. GS and AB are "special guest stars" while JB is simply a "guest star," though all three are regular, main characters. Makes no sense.

Question, what was the Fleetwood Mac song in the last episode? I am absolutely LOVING the vibe with Misty Day living in the bayous. I feel the most for her character. The loneliness, the sadness, yet she keeps on clinging to her hopes and dreams of some kind of human companionship. I hate how Zoe used her to reanimate Kyle.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

You see I liked Connie Britton in season 1, but of course, I like more low-key acting then over the top scene chewing that Ms. Lange has been doing for the last several years. I enjoyed Jessica Lange in season 1, but she wasn't the main star.. but more of a supporting character that stole the show.

Season 2 and 3 have gotten more over the top without a low-key actor to balance out the craziness. Plus, not feeling the whole concept of reusing actors from season to season. Though I do like that they have included Kathy Bates, Patti Lupone, and Angela Basset this season but with the subject matter in episode 3.. I might have to tune out.