FX: American Horror Story

Toups

• Members

I'd have to disagree about Mallory. Actress Billie Lourd won me over during her Scream Queens run, along with last year's AHS.  She has a very understated presence, and I love that you always have to watch and see if her character is indeed good or secretly evil. 

I wish we could have more of Adina Porter (fell in love during her first season in Roanoke), and of course, Joan Collins is *always* the highlight in ANY scene she's in. 

I'm in agreement that this could have and should have been a super-sized season. They presented us with so much potential; they easily could've fleshed it out even moreso without going off on weird tangents (i.e. Coven). 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm hoping we'll find out that this will continue on to season 9, because the apocalypse and its aftermath should a big deal.  I loved episodes 4,5, and 7 but  I hate the fact that they have basically abandoned the outpost storyline. I want to find out what the hell is so special about the two teenagers. 

Too bad about the warlocks, I did like them a lot.

What the hell happened to Kyle?

Edited by lovely_m
added some stuff

• Members

Finale done...it wrapped up a lot, thank goodness, but it also left so many things undone. There's something about this show that seems like it's a mix of ideas that never fully come together and therefore nothing ever really gets resolved and wrapped up properly. 

The biggest flaw was that it didn't deal with either of Joan's characters at all, which is shame because she was an absolute highlight. 

Ryan Murphy is capable of really cohesive shows (I loved Feud) but AHS is a mess...and apparently it's always like this. However, it gave Joan's Hollywood profile a major boost. And for that, I will be grateful she was given the opportunity to shimmer and shine like the star she is. 

• Members

Agree. I especially remember feeling that way about Coven, but it happened in Asylum and others as well. There's always great build-up and potential/hint at something great to come, and then it doesn't flesh out. 

I liked the ending, and I think this particular season will be fondly remembered overall because of the revisiting of Coven, Murder House, and a lil Hotel.  (P.S. Hotel was by far the worst).  I have a feeling that "Roanoke" and "Cult" will be their own entities that aren't tied to other seasons in the future. 

• Members

That's how I felt once I was done with HOTEL...a lot going on and wondering how they would resolve it all at the end. Or even if it would.

Last night's finale I thought did it full circle. And I'm sure @ChitHappens will be happy at who showed up. LOL!!! It was like everyone fans thought were missing showed up this season so

Please register in order to view this content

I thought it explained everything very well...especially Mallory's speech about energy and how it was such a foreshadow once she said it to me, but that's how my writer mind works. And then the ending...lol.

But I thought it was a really good season and might be back next year.

PS. Same on Dame Joan. I LOVE that everyone 25 and under have a 'new' diva to worship out of the season and watching Twitter educate ALL of them about who Joan Collins is has been a highlight for me. 

Edited by Taoboi
Laptop being itchy fingered.

• Members

I racant my previous statements about not liking Billie Lourd. I feel like this finale was a good showcase for me and in retrospect she did make the most sense as the new supreme precisely because she wasn’t as central as the others. 

In general they did a Id a good job tying things up in the finale. I’m glad they made sense of why they were different people, due to the spell. The only thing that bothered me was not including the breakout star, considering you had a Bubbles look-a-like in the house as well. 

The weak parts for me were how easlg Dinah was dispatched and the random appearance from Angela Bassett. I also didn’t like how simply the way they killed Michael was. I feel like all of this could’ve worked with at least two more episodes. It felt like these strong witches just got knocked out so fast. I would’ve preferred either more episodes or cut some of the flashback filler from previous weeks. 

All in all it was an interesting season but could’ve been so much better with more episodes and a better focus in the writing. I do feel the end makes me want next season to continue these stories but I imagine that won’t happen. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...