FX: American Horror Story

Toups

• Members

No thoughts on last week's episode?

I thought it was another excellent one. The reviews have also been very good. This season is shaping up to be a great one. And that twist at the end, which finally brings us to (highlight if you've watched) Murder House! 

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm so torn on this season.  I thought the first two episodes were so interesting, fresh and thrilling.  Then, the Coven/Murder House/Hotel storyline completely hijacked that story.  On one hand, I love it because it's a sweet nod to real fans who loved those seasons and I love seeing those storylines merge and continue.  On the other hand, it feels like they gave up on the original story and said 'screw it, let's kill everyone and give the older seasons a sequel'.  Hopefully it all comes back together and they tie it back into the original story.  That original story has so many open questions and interesting characters.  Like the two kids with perfect DNA - who else had perfect DNA and what was the original intent of taking those people?  If they were so special to continuing mankind, why be so quick to kill them if they have sex?  Where did those storm troopers that took them go and where do they stay post-bomb?  Why put the special DNA kids with the obnoxious rich people?  

I will say that seeing Lange again as Constance was amazing and she deserves an award for that.  I loved seeing Joan too.  

I also think the witches have too many powers - they're too easily able to revive their dead.  Madison, Myrtle, Queenie... 

• Members

I loved tonight’s episode and it all comes down to Dame Joan. She is having a ball with what they’re giving her and the writers are demonstrating a clear appreciation for the Collins cannon. 

The movie that Bubbles is filming at the beginning of the episode was a near shot for shot reimagining of Joan’s segment in the 1972 film Tales From The Crypt. It was so amusing to then see her emerge into the soundstage (with real AHS crew). 

Joan has been given the opportunity to play off really strong young actors and she raises the caliber of a scene with Emma Roberts or Evan Peters or Lesley Grossman and she has wonderful screen chemistry with Frances Conroy. 

Her later scenes showing her powers were both funny and menacing. 

Just a delight for me to see her get to really do something onscreen. 

• Members

Then you probably don't want to know what they revealed about her in the timeline.

Please register in order to view this content

My exact reaction to THE BOLD...AWWWWW H#LLLLL NO, THEY DID NOT JUST RECREATE HER ROLE FROM TALES FROM THE CRYPT. First Joan's character at the start was modeled after Alexis. And now this new character appears to be modeled after another side of Joan. And I was loving it. lol. Bubbles was hilarious. And her face-off with Madison was a hoot. Joan Collins is totally going to get some new fans.

I missed the MURDER HOUSE episode due to work and FX's inability to rerun it on other nights apparently. :X

But this week's episode was pretty good. The AntiChrist may be down, but he isn't out yet. 

• Members

Well...with taking some time off...I just bingewatched all of HOTEL and...

...my love for Angela Bassett grows...Gaga did not start off well shockingly, but once they turned to her origins and they showed how tragic she was...yeah...she did good. And loved the MURDER HOUSE connection that I only realized due to recaps on the last few weeks of the current season. 

That said...I thought liked it, but found it uneven at the same time. 

And darrrrn at Queenie.

Hehe...ALL OF THIS.

• Members

Both the flashback storyline and apocalypse  stories could’ve created either two great connected seasons or one strong 15 episode season. They crammed far too much into ten episodes. I have no idea how it’ll be wrapped up. So many good ideas but the structure of the season kills all momentum. I also feel like Joan was mostly wasted. With Jessica Lange and Angela Bassett gone she should’ve been given a bigger showcase. She was truly the highlight and I don’t say that as a Dynasty fan. Twitter is lit up with love for her. 

Another thjng i dont like is having Mallory as the potential supreme. She has absolutely no personality and that actress is so weak. I honestly don’t even know why she’s there.