FX: American Horror Story

Toups

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Watching this season feels slightly wrong to me. I did watch the first episode and even liked it, but it feels exploitative or something. I guess I just have to remind myself that this isn't a real freak show and the people chose to be involved. I do feel bad for little people and such, that the public general still feels free to snap pictures without permission and make comments. Some guy had a piece on CNN recently showing a typical day of people doing that sort of thing to him in NYC of all places.

• Members

Glad I am not alone in feeling uncomfortable at the exploitation. However, I try to tell myself these folks are actors and in the entertainment business.

The episode was interesting and well written.

Side Note: That clown was so scary. And i fear I will have nightmares about it.

• Members

I've only seen a bit of the latest eppy, and I kind of dig what I saw. I was beyond disappointed with S3 finale so I gave the show up, but I may have to dive back in and play catch up. I loved the movie Freaks! They even found their own Zippy the pin head?! Wow!

While it might seem exploitative to some, this was very real OUAT, and it provides people with disabilities some additional income for being themselves. I choose to look at it this way.

Edited by ChitHappens

• Members

Watched episodes 2 and 3. I didn't want to like it, but I did. Lange singing Del Rey's Gods and Monsters while GhostGuy appeared in slow mo with green fog was brilliant. He terrified me more than the Clown does.

Edited by YRBB

• Members

I just started watching. I didn't really like it. Just not scary and exciting like the earlier seasons. I liked the first season a lot more! It wasn't scary or entertaining when they were going on and on about how Ryan Murphy was having nightmares about that gross looking clown. I fell asleep for 7 minutes! I'm so bummed since I was a fan from the beginning!

• Members

Well, this weeks' episode was more than a little interesting. Michael Chiklis' character in love with Matthew Bomer..FGinn Whitrock's fine *ss dancing around in tight underwear[which he should always be shown in], planning to murder people, and that salesman character plotting the twin's murder..just one busy episode. Can't believe Elsa would fall for his line of bull**it.

• 4 weeks later...