Young Docotor Malone

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

This is a wonderful article. One of my aunts harbored nothing but derision for soap opera and could never understand my love of The Doctors, yet she was mad for Young Doctor Malone. Twenty years after it left the air, she continued to share her memories of Dr. Stefan Koda and complex villain Lionel Steele. Young Dr. Malone has always fascinated me. It is one of the few network serials I do not have in my collection, so I appreciate anything I can find on it. This article is particularly gratifying because IMDB incorrectly attributes the part of Stefan Koda to the Michael Ingram who played Vinnie Wolek on One Life to Live in the 80s. Thus far, I have been unable to convince anyone at the site that the two soap actors are different men who coincidentally share the same name. Obviously Michael Ingram from Young Doctor Malone was born circa 1920. Thanks for sharing.

• Members

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I wish I was surprised about IMDB. As I said in the OLTL thread, they claim Peggy O'Shea was on Neighbours for 5 years.

I wish I could see this show. It sounds very intelligent and mature, and as if it had a basic respect for the audience.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Australians seemed fascinated with American soaps in that era. In addition to carrying Days since 1968, other U.S. soaps telecast in Oz during the late 60s/early 70s included: Love of Life, Where the Heart Is, Love is a Many Splendored Thing, The Doctors, and Dark Shadows. World Turns had a short six-month run in 1975, but was too languid for Down Under audiences. The daytime version of Return to Peyton Place was shown in primetime at one point and ran in its entirety in Australia. Of course, Y&R and Search for Tomorrow were popular there, too, with longer runs.

Another gem of a find, CarlD. We always enjoy the articles you share. Thank you!

• Members

Thanks for the extra details on show aired in Australia. I would be so happy if any of that was left in Australia. Even in one episode. I guess it was all wiped, but I think there were some Australian prints of Doctor Who discovered.