OLTL: Actor leaving?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

After Robin's early exit was announced, it's impossible for me to get worked up about anyone else ducking out early (save for Erika and of course that won't be happening). I like TSJ and I accepted his Todd easier than a lot of people were willing to accept JVD as Clint. That said, I just didn't like Todd much of the time. I am kind of in a resigned space where I know that everyone in the cast is gonna go eventually and I'm a little numb to all of the bits of casting news. If I'm preparing myself for anything, it's the idea of Ford and Jess/Tess eating the finale... that just cannot happen.

• Members

On a side note, I guess we know when the opening is going to get its final update.

If this was purely financial, I'm sure they'll attempt to use his presumably expensive salary towards some fan favorite returns. I mean, I can't imagine the final four months of the show will feature ONLY Todd/Blair, Bo/Nora, Clint/Viki, John/Natalie, Ford/Jessica, Matthew/Destiny, Rex/Shane, and Starr/whomever.

• Members

Wow. I am surprised.

I never bought or liked TSJ as Todd in any way, but I have always thought he was a very good actor, and was looking forward to seeing him as someone, anyone other than Todd so I could really enjoy him on OLTL before the end. I've sort of felt that way since RH has been back on screen, but I figured the fall-out of the Two Todds story, whatever it was, would give both actors a lot to work with and I wanted to see TSJ bring it. I'm sure he still will when the two FINALLY come face-to-face, but I was thinking he'd be around until January. I wonder how this will affect FL and Tea, as I assumed she would wind up with TSJ!Todd while Blair reunited with RH!Todd. Hmmm...

I also wonder (but I'm sure we'll never know) what the exact timing of all this stuff was back in, say, March and April. TSJ deciding not to re-sign for a regular/full-term contract after pilot season and the coma storyline, RH deciding officially to finally return, and the show getting cancelled. Did RH come back and/or did TSJ choose not to re-sign because either or both had at least an inkling of the cancellation? Did TSJ know for certain that RH was returning before he made his choice to do a short-term deal? Did RH think TSJ would be sticking around? I'd think that all of those things happening in such close proximity to one another, whatever the precise order and whatever everyone knew about everything else, had to throw a lot of this (and the subsequent storyline) into no small amount of chaos.

I'm sure TSJ will land on his feet. I'm sorry to see him go early. I hope this means we get more time of RH as Todd and dealing with that since the Two Todds aspect of the storyline now can't go past September. Should be interesting.

• Members

This is just wrong. There is no reason the show could not have accommodated both TSJ and RH; in fact, it would have been fun to watch their rivalry post-reveal -- not to mention their ongoing relationships with all of Todd's family, friends, and enemies. The show is writing off too many veterans as it is, but they're making a huge mistake in writing out TSJ. I'm looking forward to whatever he does next

• Members

I'm very upset about this...I'm a huge TSJ fan and if they somehow undo him as Todd, it won't be ballsy it'll be stupid. Even this past week while talking to Tea he mentioned how he felt like he was channeling his father...just little things like that which are stupid if you're just some imposter....Anyway..I'm sure whomever he ends up being will go psycho around August and be dead by the end of September, that's just how One Life works these days...Good riddance to this show.

• Members

People still think there's an "if" about this?

Really? It's "stupid" for an imposter to verbally connect with the history of who he's impersonating? I'd think it would alert the suspicions of loved-ones should such conversations not occur... but hey, that's just me.

As I've said before, for me it was never about who "deserves" to be Todd, or which actor is better, or whose fan club I belong to. It's always been about what were the best story possibilities to come out of it.

I'm actually sorry that TSJ won't be there to further play-out the family conflict of which Todd (which dad, husband, etc) is "real" to characters like Dani, Starr, Blair, Jack, Tea, and Viki... I don't know if he had any objections himself to his *not* playing Todd (a development which he basically outed before RH ever re-appeared on-screen - certainly not to the pleasing of TPTB). But I always knew what would be "stupid" - and frankly, a waste of viewers' time - is if they had brought back RH to have him be some plastic-surgery-altered ice cream man who was just there to irritate people because he had Todd's "old face."

• Members

I think TSJ was fully on the "let me play the imposter" train, it will give him great material. Can't we assume that TSJ was on the way out regardless of the cancellation? It was just a matter of when. His contract was simply up, which they had already asked him to renew on a short-term basis. I don't think it's as offensive as people are making it out to be. I'm sure Trevor was like "hey I'm here if you want me" in a casual manner but I don't think he's too heartbroken about going early either seeing as how he says he wasn't fired. It makes sense they want to focus on core characters/couples and since TSJ is the imposter, he doesn't fit with that vision, no matter how long he's been on the show. Plus, I think it's all down to finances at this point. They probably need all the money they can get to bring back a few fan favorites.

Archived