soapfan770

Old/Classic B&B discussion&articles

3 hours ago, SoapDope said:

I never understood why Judith Baldwin was replaced so quickly after the shows premiere. Does anyone know why the switch ?

I don't think there was ever a reason given for the switch from Clayton Norcross to Jeff Trachta. 

I once chatted with Michael Maloney who worked at various soap mags AND B&B itself; he didn't have a clue on the reason for the Beth switch.

As for recating Thorne: I once heard rumblings about alchol problems of Clayton Norcross back in the day. It may also be that Bill Bell was looking for a different Thorne because he was trying to match up Bobbie Eakes 

22 minutes ago, BoldRestless said:

I may be crazy but I wouldn't mind Norcross coming back!

For a couple of days this would indeed be cool considering the flashbacks with Brooke and Eric they could show from the reallllly early days.

4 hours ago, AbcNbc247 said:

I think that's the guy who played Arnie Cunningham's father in the movie "Christine", but I'm not sure. Wikipedia says his name is Robert Darnell.

It COULD be him 

31 minutes ago, BoldRestless said:

I may be crazy but I wouldn't mind Norcross coming back!

I wouldn't either!  :)

Edited by Khan

15 minutes ago, sheilaforever said:

I once chatted with Michael Maloney who worked at various soap mags AND B&B itself; he didn't have a clue on the reason for the Beth switch.

As for recating Thorne: I once heard rumblings about alchol problems of Clayton Norcross back in the day. It may also be that Bill Bell was looking for a different Thorne because he was trying to match up Bobbie Eakes 

For a couple of days this would indeed be cool considering the flashbacks with Brooke and Eric they could show from the reallllly early days.

Thanks for the info. They kept Moss around for decades and people complained he was wooden. I think Clayton was fine in the role. Norcross has carved out a career in Italy. If you google him, most of the stuff that has been written about him is in Italian. I remember when Macy first met Thorne it was still Norcross in the role. Then Trachta came on and Thorne and Macy became the singing couple ala Steve and Betty Jo Elliott on Petticoat Junction. Speaking of Moss, I read that article done a few months back that said the real reason he left B&B was because after an auto accident, his ability to memorize lines was shot. He also said he wished the show had left his character remain without a recast. 

The show also dumped Stephen Shortridge as Dave by the end of the first year. They could have used him in other pairings. Maybe Dave/Macy/Thorne ? 

6 hours ago, sheilaforever said:

A few years ago CN wrote a letter to Lee Phillip Bell pleading to allow him to return to the show. It was implied that he had been too much of a hot-head in the past a la Jacob Young because he was too young to recognize the opportunity he was given.

7 hours ago, SoapDope said:

The show also dumped Stephen Shortridge as Dave by the end of the first year. They could have used him in other pairings. Maybe Dave/Macy/Thorne ? 

I thought he was VERY bland and was not sorry at all when the show dropped Dave.

1 hour ago, Aback said:

A few years ago CN wrote a letter to Lee Phillip Bell pleading to allow him to return to the show. It was implied that he had been too much of a hot-head in the past a la Jacob Young because he was too young to recognize the opportunity he was given.

I read that, too. He has been speaking very fondly of B&B in later years...

21 minutes ago, slick jones said:

robert-darnell.jpg

i agree that this, Robert Darnell was Mr. Russell.

@sheilaforever

Thanks you've been great guys!!

His on-screen name on B&B was Doug Russell

I think I will put your savvyness to the text and soon post screencaps of the various character witness during Caroline's rape trial. They are now the most least important (LOL) missing actors to appear on B&B during its first year for who I could not find any credits...

And here we go... Male Models at Forrester Creations and wannabe competetion in the romance department for Clarke in regards to Kristen:

vlcsnap-2019-11-15-08h29m46s631.png

Greg:

vlcsnap-2019-11-15-08h29m24s986.png

Andy Granger
vlcsnap-2019-11-15-08h30m03s379.png

Lanford Kingsley

vlcsnap-2019-11-15-08h30m38s299.png

Edited by sheilaforever

Before Forrester Creations secretary Trish there was CLAIRE at the desk. Any idea who she might be?

vlcsnap-2019-11-15-08h43m12s019.png
vlcsnap-2019-11-15-08h43m26s924.png

Character Witnesses for Ron Deacon

Mrs. Webber, a friend of Ron's mom

vlcsnap-2019-11-15-08h35m47s503.png

Mr. Baker, Ron's boss

vlcsnap-2019-11-15-08h36m06s584.png

Mrs. Pearson, Ron's high-school sweetheart
vlcsnap-2019-11-15-08h36m35s147.png

Edited by sheilaforever

36 minutes ago, sheilaforever said:

Before Forrester Creations secretary Trish there was CLAIRE at the desk. Any idea who she might be?

vlcsnap-2019-11-15-08h43m12s019.png
vlcsnap-2019-11-15-08h43m26s924.png

Character Witnesses for Ron Deacon

Mrs. Webber, a friend of Ron's mom

vlcsnap-2019-11-15-08h35m47s503.png

Mr. Baker, Ron's boss

vlcsnap-2019-11-15-08h36m06s584.png

Mrs. Pearson, Ron's high-school sweetheart
vlcsnap-2019-11-15-08h36m35s147.png

I posted them to my group,  I'll let you know if anyone can fill in the blanks.

soap opera cast lists

A link if you care to check on possible progress. 😖

1 hour ago, sheilaforever said:

Thanks you've been great guys!!

His on-screen name on B&B was Doug Russell

I think I will put your savvyness to the text and soon post screencaps of the various character witness during Caroline's rape trial. They are now the most least important (LOL) missing actors to appear on B&B during its first year for who I could not find any credits...

And here we go... Male Models at Forrester Creations and wannabe competetion in the romance department for Clarke in regards to Kristen:

vlcsnap-2019-11-15-08h29m46s631.png

Greg:

vlcsnap-2019-11-15-08h29m24s986.png

Andy Granger
vlcsnap-2019-11-15-08h30m03s379.png

Lanford Kingsley

vlcsnap-2019-11-15-08h30m38s299.png

Posted these, too.

6 hours ago, slick jones said:

I posted them to my group,  I'll let you know if anyone can fill in the blanks.

soap opera cast lists

A link if you care to check on possible progress. 😖

Mr. Baker Ron's Boss is actor Stanley Grover. His daughter is actress Cindy Grover who was on Love Of Life in the early 70's. 

1 hour ago, ltm1997 said:

AmySilence just uploaded episode 508....aaand the miracle BEGINS!!! 🤩🤩

It’s the first episode that was uploaded by MarekLogan with the polish dubbing. It’s a true miracle that a) the circle is now complete (1987-1992 online sort of...) and b) this time around in pristine picture quality and without the polish dubbing. I re-watched those episodes nearly 3 years ago and did not finish with the few 1992 episodes until earlier this year. But Marek Logan had occasional gaps - and mostly no closing titles. Therefore: bring it on AmySilence!!!

Edited by sheilaforever