B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I once chatted with Michael Maloney who worked at various soap mags AND B&B itself; he didn't have a clue on the reason for the Beth switch.

As for recating Thorne: I once heard rumblings about alchol problems of Clayton Norcross back in the day. It may also be that Bill Bell was looking for a different Thorne because he was trying to match up Bobbie Eakes 

For a couple of days this would indeed be cool considering the flashbacks with Brooke and Eric they could show from the reallllly early days.

It COULD be him 

• Members

Thanks for the info. They kept Moss around for decades and people complained he was wooden. I think Clayton was fine in the role. Norcross has carved out a career in Italy. If you google him, most of the stuff that has been written about him is in Italian. I remember when Macy first met Thorne it was still Norcross in the role. Then Trachta came on and Thorne and Macy became the singing couple ala Steve and Betty Jo Elliott on Petticoat Junction. Speaking of Moss, I read that article done a few months back that said the real reason he left B&B was because after an auto accident, his ability to memorize lines was shot. He also said he wished the show had left his character remain without a recast. 

The show also dumped Stephen Shortridge as Dave by the end of the first year. They could have used him in other pairings. Maybe Dave/Macy/Thorne ? 

• Members

A few years ago CN wrote a letter to Lee Phillip Bell pleading to allow him to return to the show. It was implied that he had been too much of a hot-head in the past a la Jacob Young because he was too young to recognize the opportunity he was given.

• Members

Thanks you've been great guys!!

His on-screen name on B&B was Doug Russell

I think I will put your savvyness to the text and soon post screencaps of the various character witness during Caroline's rape trial. They are now the most least important (LOL) missing actors to appear on B&B during its first year for who I could not find any credits...

And here we go... Male Models at Forrester Creations and wannabe competetion in the romance department for Clarke in regards to Kristen:

Greg:

Andy Granger

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members

Before Forrester Creations secretary Trish there was CLAIRE at the desk. Any idea who she might be?

Character Witnesses for Ron Deacon

Mrs. Webber, a friend of Ron's mom

Mr. Baker, Ron's boss

Mrs. Pearson, Ron's high-school sweetheart

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members

It’s the first episode that was uploaded by MarekLogan with the polish dubbing. It’s a true miracle that a) the circle is now complete (1987-1992 online sort of...) and b) this time around in pristine picture quality and without the polish dubbing. I re-watched those episodes nearly 3 years ago and did not finish with the few 1992 episodes until earlier this year. But Marek Logan had occasional gaps - and mostly no closing titles. Therefore: bring it on AmySilence!!!

Edited by sheilaforever