B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Pity! Well I'm giving up On that Year as soon as Karen Leaves!!! Joanna Johnson is one of the few bright spots on that Period of The Show!

Now This Is A Treat, Same Episode, Unedited Version vs Version Aired:

Ugh I only Checked Now! YOU'RE RIGHT! Shitty Quality Again

• Members

The bad quality YT uploads are very much deliberate, as is the missing score music cues on Season 10. It’s purely about business and revenue.

With Videoland (RTL) commencing season 9 just last month, how does Bell ensure RTL get value for money after paying coin. Ah yes, let’s upload bad quality on YT and strip the music, thus ensuring international broadcasters still buy their show. They must continue to appease Videoland/RTL so they stay onboard, what better way than to upload bad quality on YT. Videoland has a broad reach, available to 30 EU countries outside of the Netherlands.

If YT was high quality, a major broadcaster like RTL wouldn’t bother forking out millions to continue buying the rights. If YT was high quality, people wouldn’t pay for Videoland, they would go to directly to YT for convenience, and of course it’s free. The bad quality YT thing is very much strategic. Not buying the “oh, we’re fixing that”

Edited by boldau

• Members

Watching 1994, there's one thing I don't understand:

Dylan is not allowed to date Ivana because employees of "Forrester Creations" are not allowed to get involved with the company's models. 

However, why doesn't anybody bat an eye that Thorne, who is clearly working for "Forrester Creations" and "Forrester International", is dating Ivana only a few weeks later?

Also, I don't like Darla going after/making out with Anthony when he is still involved with her best friend Macy and she is dating Anthony's bff Connor. That came out of nowhere and doesn't fit Darla's character at all – especially since she witnessed all the Sally/Macy drama because of Anthony first-hand.

Edited by Huntress

• Members

Does anyone know what episode # or date that Grant tells Brooke that Rick, not Ridge, was the one who shot him??? Also, does Stephanie ever find out the truth during that time about the shooting?? If so, when does she find out (episode # or date)???

• Members

I'm near 1999 and let me say...

Everything past Belief has been crap compared to the first 7 years. 

I tried to make myself like it and even had moments when I wanted to believe it was back... but now watched...1994 to 1998...

The Titanic has sank and the band is Still playing.

I am still hopeful for 1999 to 2002... 

Because hope dies last.

But watching these first 7 seasons in dept made me just not like anything since. And I once watched all these seasons as a teenager and loved them.

My main issues.

1. Disgustingly bad dialogue and repeated scenes that make you want to vomit.

There are moments when there are 5 episodes in which the same scene is repeated. We also have flashbacks all the time.

2. Taylor has been destroyed as a character. The smart interesting woman of 1990 to 1993 is gone and there is this pathetic crying all the time victim.

3. The show looks and feels cheaper. The clothes look worse and sometimes I forget I an watching a show about fashion people.

The first 7 years were so glamorous and beautiful.

4. Making Brooke the slut from the valley made the whole war between her and Stephanie a cartoon. The beginning... the first 7 years it was very high level quality conflict. Stephanie was not so cartoonish.

Overall I am thinking of re watching the first 1700 episodes and just never going pass that. But I will continue with 1999.