B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Members

I think we should just be patient. @ChickenNuggetz92 already said he's working to solve the problem and would keep us updated. Fingers crossed there will be a solution eventually!

In the mean time, we do have a lot of episodes already to enjoy which is amazing! And with the official uploads, we know that whatever happens, we will soon be able to watch all classic episodes one way or the other, which is the most important thing.

Edited by Videnbas

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That's one thing at least. And also that the show is actually interested in preserving their large library. They're uploading them a lot faster than I thought they would 

If you mean the time she sang "I Only Want to be With You", it's episode 1508. That was my favorite Macy performance

• Members

Good catches. This is quite a lot of stuff from 1995 with James in the dungeon etc. - and back in the day this would have been the ultimate gold dust. Full episodes in pretty good condition. Just shows how spoiled we have been by the Videoland and Official YouTube uploads in recent years and months.

I'll wait for the Videoland episodes to reach 1995 for now, but these should be 12 consecuitve episodes, I guess.

• Members

I have now reached December 1993 (with many more episodes to go, what a treat!) and Taylor is now in Scotland with James. I'm torn on this story; knowing HOW it all turns out it is not that interesting of a storyline. But from a writer's perspective, I guess, this is well-plotted. Kimberlin Brown is now havily pregnant and wearing clutches (?) and other big hand bags. LOL

And #1686 had some more males models - which unfortunately are never credited. I thought one of them was Dorian Gregory of CHARMED fame who had already guest starred on B&B earlier in 1993. This time they saved on his wardrobe, though... ANybody else recognized him or am I wrong?

• Members

i am now watching 2006 episodes and the first time i see Darla's death. Acctualy i tought Taylor hit her with the car but acctually Darla slipt and fall on the car. So was it acctually Taylor's who is to blame? And I saw Jennifer Gareis first episodes - she looks and acts like a dump Donna - Donna was not that kind before and they want us to think Donna does not have experience like a modal and Brooke had to show her what to do when acctualy Donna was a model for Spectra and Bill's secret magazines.

• Members

I have always thought the show let Taylor off the hook too easily for Darla's death. Sure, it was foggy, but it was also foggy the night Macy drove drunk and almost killed Kevin. And yet back in 1993 the show was 100% clear that if the driver was legally drunk, it was by definition no accident, end of story. Fog or no fog.

In both cases, the fog was a contributing factor but the accidents would not have happened without the impaired reaction time and lack of attention caused by the alcohol. And since Taylor covered it up, they never even got a chance to test her blood alcohol levels.

The fact that Darla fell into the road doesn't really excuse Taylor in my mind because Taylor was driving fast enough to kill somebody past the goal of her trip (Phoebe's car). That obviously implies she did not adjust her speed to the weather conditions and the circumstances. If Taylor had paid attention and actually seen the car that she was actively looking for, she wouldn't have been driving past it, and Darla could have done yoga undisturbed on that stretch of road because Taylor should have pulled over before even reaching it.

I think the show didn't really treat that storyline responsibly because the way it was written implied that if you drive drunk and have an accident it's okay to blame the weather, or the victim who was killed. As if it were not possible to drive safely (slowly, with LOTS of attention on the road and the side of the road) on a dark and foggy night. A car driving slowly and carefully would not have had enough speed for a fatal impact because the driver would have expected unexpected things to show up in the fog.

As for Donna, I think the show completely disregarded her entire prior history and personality when they did the recast. They have dumbed her down so much it's not funny. It's like they are mocking the character.

I think Taylor's 2005 resurrection was a major jump the shark moment for me. It was such an obvious sign that everything that ever happened on the show can be undone just like that, and because of that, no storylines have any lasting impact anymore because no death is permanent, and no change is forever.

• Members

For me it was 2007 that kinda ruined it for me somewhat when Brooke got raped and Bell finally got what he always wanted happen to that character.. a rape…

Only thing that saved it was Kyle/Phoebe and Phoebe/Shane. That Shane tried so hard to please Ridge and the Forresters and the. Killing himself in Ridge office was one of my favorite highlights.. OFC Stephanie covered it up and let Nick go to prison.

I do think with Hope/Liam/Steffy between 2010-12 B&B became quiet watchable again and felt revived. 

• Members

I'm a huge fan of Jennifer Gareis from her Y&R days, but her Donna debut was so disrespectful to longtime viewers it's hard to accept her till this day. The inital storyline were sh*tty as well, so this didn't help either. Her Donna was only fun with Eric and as a rival to Pam. That said, 2006-2008 was so uneven with the Newbie Logans.