B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Members

I agree putting Sheila on the backburner and letting her just be "normal" for a while was a great move. It really raised the stakes because it gave Sheila something to lose - a marriage, a career, a relatively stable state of mind. It makes sense that she would go to great lengths to protect the life she had built for herself, and that in turn opens the door to her desperation and unleashed insanity when she feels that life being threatened.

As for Macy's alcoholism, I wonder if it was really that the beginning was rushed, or more like it felt that way because too much of it took place off screen. I have noticed this a lot with Thorne and Macy's storyline in comparison with the Taylor/Ridge/Brooke story. Often, Thorne and Macy's story moves forward with ONLY the essential/pivotal scenes being shown, while Taylor/Ridge/Brooke scenes tend to have a certain built in redundancy and show everyday life and the passing of time (miss a Taylor/Ridge/Brooke scene and you are usually fine, miss a Thorne/Macy scene and you don't know where they live). Look at the number of romantic/domestic scenes with Taylor and Ridge - not all of them are necessary from a narrative point of view but they establish Taylor and Ridge as a stable couple having a home life and a love life. Meanwhile, Thorne and Macy are often only shown when there is a significant shift in their relationship. And this makes some plot points feel rushed because we don't see the groundwork being laid.

Another thing that stands out to me about these episodes is how the show is basically divided into two separate parts and there is very little interaction between them. Thorne for example is almost completely absent from the BeLieF storyline.

Edited by Videnbas

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am really enjoying watching some of the old episodes provided through the vault.  I have many episodes myself.  In fact, I may have some of the episodes listed as missing. 

Looking forward to more 1994 episodes.  It was one of my favorite years.  Lots of things happened.  And it was all big and grand.  It is so sad that B&B has had to downsize the production so much these days.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Yes, that's wonderful! I can't wait for 1994-1995. Even if we already have a lot of them in the vault (from Nikki and more recently the Cala episodes)

1996-1999 are already complete in German, but it'll be great to have the VO as well.

Still a lot of holes in 2000/2001, hopefully one day it'll be complete too. For 2004-2005 I know @rsclassicfanforever has the last missing episodes in German, I hope she'll add them one day. @Marquise thanks for these wonderful pictures!

@Pedro I just added some July 2022 episodes. I try to update them every week, but sometimes I just forget about it and I add 2 weeks at once.

Edited by Jennybold1974

• Members

Yes!

I have been waiting literally for decades for some of these episodes! I can't believe it's finally happening and that we have the complete seasons up until 1994 now!

And I'm so glad there's a bunch of us who are watching these 1993 episodes because it's half the fun to have someone to discuss them with!

• Members

Unfortunately not. I've been busy uploading data to IMDb but haven't done my ep counts yet. I will do it eventually. And by then, it might be the complete database for all recuring and contract players... Only about 500 episodes are missing in the Vault to help me make it a full database with my previous counts.

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members

Hey, @Jennybold1974remember how I got a lot of 2005 episodes on DVD from an angel (which I haven't finished uploading, oops 

Please register in order to view this content

- but I will get to it soon). They are back in touch with me, and they want to know what is missing from 2004 and 2005 so they can hopefully fill the gaps. Do you happen to have a list already prepared? Looks like we need almost all of 2004, with April being the most complete. They would need dates though, not episode numbers, because that is how they named their files, and their episodes would be in English. If you have the list, it would help! Thanks.

Edited by BoldRestless