B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Members

Which do you think ARE THE WORST storylines EVER told on the show... and which are the worst YEARS

10 - Ridge is not Eric's son. I hated that stupid Bradley Bell twist... it just didn't work at all for me.

9 - Taylor comes back for the second time - the scenes in the cemetary... embarassing.

8 - Hope and Liam and Steffy

7 - Brooke and Thomas eat the berries...

6 - Jake MACLAINE

5 - Sheila's 2021-2022 return

4 - Thomas is obsessed with Hope - unwatchable

3 - Brooke goes mad... and talks to dolls

2 - TAYLOR GIVES BIRTH TO BROOKE'S CHILD

1 - every story that starts and they wrap it up after 15 episodes because Bradley Bell decides he doesn't want to continue...

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

B&B worst storylines:

Ridge and Bridget. Ridge and Bridget. Ridge and Bridget. 

Nick Marone's exit (I only remember the lobster costume but that alone is enough to make it qualify).

Taylor's second return with Ridge digging up the fake corpse. 

Maya being transgender after previously having been pregnant.

Macy's second death which happened between episodes and was then just casually mentioned in dialogue as if it was yesterday's news.

The Room8 spinoff.

The berries.

The "why did I drink?" saga of early 2022 (especially the 20+ flashbacks in January alone).

Quinn helping Zoe poison Paris's smoothie so she would get gassy during the date with Zende.

The Hope/Liam/Steffy triangle. 

But the absolute WORST is when B&B ignores the basic concept of "storylines" altogether and just has random things happen with no real purpose or long term plan. 

• Members

Best 8-year time span? I'd say the years 1988-1995.

Best individual 8 years? Not sure, but most of them would be within that time span for me. I thought most of the years from 1987-2002 were pretty good but it's hard to pick my top 8.

Top 5 for me would possibly be 1989, 1990, 1993, 1994, 1995.

Edited by Videnbas

• Members

Who would you all say have been bolds chemistry magnets? Does a good with with generating chemistry with costsars and onscreen romances.

For me:

Susan Flannery- had chemistry with about every co star and always brought out the best in others, however I wouldn’t say she was the best in the sexual and romantic chemistry. Done her best with KKL Darlene Ronn Jacqui and Jim

Jennifer Finnagan- Same as Susan. done her best with KKL Sean JT and Susan

Heather Tom- Same as Susan. Done her best with Don Jacqui  JG KKL and Darin

KKL- bolds former it girl.back in the day i feel she did decent playing off other actors and had pretty good romantic/sexual chemistry with most men she was paired with, her magic has kinda watered down though-done her best with ronn Susan Jf Sean and winsor.

Sean Kanan- does a good job playing off co stars and have pretty solid Romantic/sexual chemistry with pretty much everyone he’s paired with. Done with best with addriene JF Rena and KKL

Don Diamont- plays off co stars well and understands the assignment in romantic pairings. Does his best with Heather Jacqui Scott and Rena

Jacqui Woods-B&b it girl, usually understands the assignments and has sparks in almost all her pairings, does a good job at generating chemistry with co stars, done her best with Don Heather Hunter Tanner Tk and Susan. 

Kim Matula- worked pretty good with the cast and sparked with everyone she was in scenes with. Did a decent job generating sexual/romantic. Done her best with Darin Heather    Jacqui and Scott. 

Rena Sofer- she always understands the assignments when it comes to romance rivalries familial relationships and has chemistry with about everyone. Done her best with Lawrence JMC darin Don Heather and Jacqui

Thorsten Kaye- he pretty much sparks with everyone except KKL. Does a solid job playing off other for stars. Done his best with Jacqui Krista Rena Linsey and Don

darin- has light fun chemistry with co stars, and gives  most of his pairings a bit of a fun and unique dynamic done his best with Heather kim Rena Scott and Don

Mathew Atkinson- solid actor and usually has chemistry with actors he’s in scenes with. Does his best with Jacqui Annika TK and Krista

krista Allen- is doing a good job working with the cast, sparks with pretty much everyone she works with, even some inappropriate chemistry with Thomas. Doing her best with Tk Jacqui Kimberlin and Matt so far. 

• Members

Is anyone else watching the new 1993 episodes? I'm at December 1993 and it's SO GOOD! I am loving the Spectras crashing the Forrester/AFI fashion show, as well as the Scotland subplot. To me, watching these is a dream come true - we're into my favorite era of the show now!

Edited by Videnbas

• Members

I look forward to these episodes. I vividly remember the Hollywood Tribute Fashion Show but have totally blanked James' Scottland tale - like completely. So either I did not see consecutive episodes back then or didn't like it. LOL

I'm currently at #1580: Macy's alcolism had a really rough start and I have still trouble to accept the super fast descent into addiction because it does not fit with Macy for me. However, as you pointed out, it suddenly gets a gripping tale and everythign begins to click. It's really touching to see Macy caring for Kevin and trying to get her act together and face Thorne. But by the time Keith gets active it's (almost) too late for Macy who's in the downward sprial of drinking in the morning (and covering it from everyone else) or sleeping in the hallway of Sly's apartment. The inpromptu intervention in Sally's office was really good. Schae Harrison once again had the tough job to play Darla ditsy and yet not to drown the serious topic in mud. Darla standing up to Macy and the addict's attempt to take her out as the weakest link at the interention was AMAZING. I also like the layers in Sly who does not have ill intentions but is caught between a rock and a hards place because Macy does obviously not reciprocate his love for her, yet he is pining for her and can easily be stringed along. These storylines needed more focus and by June/July these characters got it. The most fascinating part probably is that Brad Bell backburnered Sheila of all people to make room it. And it works extremely well to see Sheila in a low key storyline all sudden now that she is married to Eric. Bringing her into Brooke's orbit and yet desperate to save Eric's life work and wealth is a stroke of genius. Oh, the drama!

The battle of BeLieF is exactly as good as I remembered it. The twist with the signed copy of the contract was great fun - and I had TOTALLY forgotten that Stephanie caused the Forresters to loose Forrester Creations eventually. This was never properly adressed later on in the show, IMO. It always seemed like it was Eric's fault because did not settle his bills with Brooke properly upon his divorce. To the contrary: gloating Stephanie revealed the betrayal of the Forresters and made Brooke so angry.

I'm curious whether the following is an unpopular opinion or not: I really like Jacquelline McInnes Wood. BUT: the pairing with Tanner Novlan is sooooo odd. She's acting all diva mode in every single scene they have shared since about mid-2021... Finn is always saying "Yes, mam" towards her and she keeps huffing and puffing, throwing around her busson and huge hair as if she were Brenda Dickson as they are sharing scenes. IMO; she needs to tone down the classic Hollywood diva mode because he is too weak an actor and the writing too weak on Finn to make them look like a couple. Interestingly enough, Thorsten Kaye and Don DIamont can totally elevate material with her.

EDIT: if I recall correctly (and it was a bad period on the show and I blanked out a lot by now) back in 2008 (?) when they paired Steffy and Marcus together, there was a similar situation. Even as an ingenue just starting on B&B she was BURNING Texas Battle to death and made him look like an amateur.

Edited by sheilaforever