B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Members

100% agree. The same happened to me - it took me a while to figure out the episode had no score. Personally I found the episode less impactful, and the more touching scenes less emotional. It tell us that music is somewhat essential for storytelling, particularly for a soap opera genre. Some soap operas around the world don’t use score music at all - I can’t imagine not having music.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes, the music is everything! Just watch a horror movie without music lol! In soap operas the music has a great impact too. Actually I had the honor to visit the Finnish soap opera set in 2012 as guest star as a statist if you know what I mean. Just watch the scene there live in person… without the music… i did’nt feel anything honestly

Please register in order to view this content

Without music you can really get the feeling how is it… 

• Members

I watched the most recent 1992 uploads last night (thank you again, as always for those who make it happen!). I was really struck by the reset of relationship between Stephanie and Sheila which of course put them on the collision course that lasted years.

Flannery had definitely played some reserved wariness of Sheila when she was using her to get Brooke out of LA but then in one episode, quite abruptly turns up at the infirmary, essentially tells Sheila she doesn't trust her and starts to poison Eric's ear. I wonder if that was always planned or Bell saw something in the interactions and realised that Brown/Flannery would be much more interesting enemies than just co-conspirators.

• Members

I talked to Nikki N. She said PROMISES that she will put the remaining 1993/1994 episodes up after Christmas. She asked me to have someone remind her where she stopped? Was it before James and Taylor at Big Bear?

Also I was scrolling this thread and saw there might be an issue with the vault?