B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm on 1375 right now.

It seemed very different than what people had been seeing on B&B up until that point. It makes me think even more that Brad Bell had been given more of the head writing responsibilities at this point, rather than when it became official in 1993.

Thorne and Macy seem to be different as well. He's become like a mini Ridge, secretly loving the living arrangement that he has with Macy and Karen, whereas for Macy, it almost seems like she's degrading herself over this. Something that I feel she wouldn't have done before this point. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

So, I'm watching early 1991 right now (ep 955) and I still can't quite figure out what to make of Taylor's character. What was your impression of her in those days? This is where she is giving Storm's engagement ring a "trial run", while dating and making out with Ridge. Who would do that and why?

(On a side note, this episode has a brilliant scene where Taylor goes to Stephanie at Ridge's request to have a therapeutic conversation with Stephanie about the divorce from Eric, and Stephanie easily turns the tables on Taylor and changes the subject to Taylor's divorce.)

I'm not there yet but it's an interesting observation. I have been wondering when we'd start noticing the Brad Bell shift.

Thorne definitely channeled his inner Ridge in that storyline (the premise of which was pretty contrived and sort of sexist if I recall correctly). I don't think it was necessarily in character for him to enjoy that living arrangement - I would have thought he'd be more respectful of women than his brother was.

As for Macy, I think she always had it in her to degrade herself for a man. Her very first storyline on the show was all about this - she fell head over heels for Mick Savage, knowing he was on the rebound from someone and wasn't over that other woman. Sally warned her that Mick was only using her, but she wouldn't hear it and even threatened to cut Sally out of her life for being against her and Mick. Then she begged Mick to take her with her to New York, only for him to dump her for Kristen who had been his first choice all along. Macy *always* loses her sense of self preservation when she falls in love.

Edited by Videnbas