B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm not sure that is true outside the US. In my country, Y&R was never really a thing so when Sheila came om B&B she was just an unknown character and by then the show already had its loyal viewers.

I agree with @divinemotion that the setting was a major part of the attraction. The glamour (in my country the show was even called Glamour), the fashion... 

• Members

I wasn't comparing popularity of Dynasty and Bold. I said that it was about very rich, beautiful... fashionable people. Of course they are different. But Bold is the single most aired soap in the world. That is a fact. It has been translated all over the world. This has not happened with the other soaps. And I think it's because of the simplistic formula of the show.  

• Members

Y&R was popular in australia in terms of daytime soaps but it's afternoon timeslot precluded it from becoming a household name. also it was pre-empted over Summer due to sports coverage (cricket) so viewers on vacation never got the chance to get into it.

B&B on the other hand aired at 4.30pm which meant it was available to way more viewers-school kids/college students and workers who were home by that time. It also aired year round.

• Members

I just rewatched episode 211  and still can't figure out the fling between Clark and Stephanie. She was emotional lacking any interested from Eric and i think she really fall for Clark. At first i tought he was using her to get job at Forrester but she told him that she does not have that impact on Eric and can not help him, still he offers her a no strings attached relaltionship? Was he falling for her or what? Can not be only the hope that she can get him a job, when she obviously can't

• Members

4.30pm has been it’s main timeslot in Australia for quite some time now, however it’s had a variety of timeslots here. It started at 1pm following Santa Barbara. After a couple of years they both got axed due to poor ratings. There was an outcry for B&B’s reinstatement, so it returned late at night at around 10.30pm…it must have done some OK numbers for that time (or they got complaints), as it was then moved back to an afternoon slot of 3pm, where they even showed double episodes for a while (as we started 8 months after the US did). From there if memory serves, it may have even gone back to 1pm for a period before it got moved to 4.30pm, where it’s rated pretty well for its timeslot (it even gets an encore the following weekday at 7.30am!). They also trialled it at 6pm over the summer a few years back where it surprisingly bombed…I thought it might have done well there picking up an evening audience, but up against the News on other channels, it just didn’t succeed and was moved back to 4.30pm, where it’s stayed ever since. Viewing numbers have come done ever since they started fast tracking the episodes to 10play, the network’s on demand service. We get it at the moment at 9am AEDT here on 10play, the time just depends on daylight saving both here and in the US, so sometimes we get it at 7am and other times of the year at 8am.

• Members

it is weired couse Clark is at that point not that involved with Kristen, he fall in love a bit later. I do not think Stephanie wanted to make Eric jelous whe wanted someone to pay her attention.

I never did understand why he got involved with Margo either. At that point he was much in love with Kristen. 

• Members

The writers did such a masterful job, incorporating Sheila into the Forrester world...

1356 - first mention of Lauren Fenmore. Ridge fills Eric in on how Lauren's baby died and how it was later found out that the babies were switched. (conveniently, Ridge couldn't recall the details of who was the perpetrator

Please register in order to view this content

Eric says, "what kind of person could switch a baby??" The camera then pans to Sheila, who is at the hospital "taking good care" of Brooke 

< chef's kiss > perfection!

• Members

This is pretty cool. In the good old days, many actors had various guest roles on the show. In 1995 just before she became a regular, Maeve Quinlan was also credited as someone else than Megan Conley. Unfortunately, we did not get to see the episode with her appearance yet to verify whether it was a crediting quib or if her character had a different name.

It was very strange. The return story arc which was uneven but entertaining lasted a mere six months and the  Brad Bell got bored with Clarke. There was lots of teasing for more story potential in 1996-1997 but then DanMcVicar was dropped to recurring and then came back - yet Clarke got zero story until being involved with Morgan and her pyhton in 2000 and the super brief Mark Maclaine return in 2002 (which was very promising!!!). But as you said: he was NEVER used effectively again.

Edited by sheilaforever