B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think Caroline was Ridge's true love and Brooke got him by default.

I think Ridge went for Taylor initially because she wasn't like Brooke nor Caroline. And she was someone new that didn't have the baggage of Caroline...plus Brooke was with Eric by the time he was able emotionally to date.

Regarding Macy, what was everyone's favorite love interest of hers outside of Thorne?  I liked her with Grant best...and I think anything given to Macy after that was an insult to her character.

• Members

LOL Rick/CJ. I almost had forgot all about them. That was when the really hefty heavyweight kid played CJ right? At the time it was silly to me that B&B had a story about two preteen boys having a food fight. Everyone berated Brooke for letting her kids be out of control, but if I remember right didn’t Rick and Bridget actually prefer to listen to Taylor instead?

Please register in order to view this content

I wonder whatever happened to those kids. I recall the CJ actor was on a sitcom after leaving B&B for year or so but don’t remember what happened to preteen Rick actor and preteen Bridget. Actually young Rick was decent, I thought it was a total cop out to blame Rick shooting Grant on playing too many violent video games (and then the shock of the shooting causing him to blackout the memory forever) when it was quite obvious Rick really resented Grant in his life. But B&B didn’t want to take the risk of having a killer kid on the show? 

Grant in my opinion was Macy’s best pairing  and I enjoyed the couple so much in their short time. I think it was careless to kill off Grant as he had a type of charisma and edge the other male characters on the show didn’t have. I also liked Macy with Deacon but the writing got silly; Amber and Macy having a WWE match in wedding dresses at the wedding, Brooke attempting to get both Deacon & Macy drinking again, Amber holding Little E over a cliffs, failing chandeliers. It was all way too much for something that had started out pretty promising. 

• Members

I am watching early 1991 right now and to me it is obvious that Ridge is attracted to Taylor but more emotionally involved with Brooke, although he has given up on her because she's marrying his dad (kind of like he tried to give up Caroline after she married Thorne and dated Brooke instead). Another thing that is obvious is how Brooke is clearly more in love with Ridge than with Eric, and that that marriage was doomed before it began (Brooke dreaming about marrying Ridge on her wedding day to Eric). 

I agree that after Thorne, Grant was Macy's best pairing. He was very good with her and cared very deeply about her happiness.

I think Macy as a character was very sensitive to OOC writing and it showed in the storylines the months before both her deaths. Because she was usually so decent and sweet, she didn't have a lot of leeway, so anytime she broke that pattern it made you go "whoa..." and it didn't always ring true. Usually it was her interactions with Brooke that pulled her out of character because Macy was shown to truly hate Brooke and it wasn't really in her nature to be hateful, bitter or vindictive (she usually ended up on friendly or at least civil terms with all her rivals - even becoming best friends with Karen). Also, she was more aggressive with Brooke than I'd say was believable for Macy (it was more in character for Macy to turn that destructiveness inward). But it went both ways - Brooke also showed her absolute worst side in her interactions with Macy to the point where it was almost OOC (I never really knew Brooke to be quite as gleefully sadistic with anyone else as she was with Macy - like when she sent her a drink, or when she casually suggested that Macy's mother was dead just to see Macy's reaction). 

• Members

These assessments heavily rely on when you STARTED watching (or stopped LOL) because of the sheer length of B&B's timeline by now:
Due to Caroline's death, the whole relationship has the perfect romance status - forever. Even though the last time we have seen Caroline was her ghostly visit in January 2021. Ridge had to FIGHT for Caroline and he had the chance to GRIEVE for Caroline. (Something that has rarely happened since because pacing nowadays is soooo different!).

For me Taylor was always Ridge's second perfect love. Now that I've seen 1990-1992 it is a little harder to fall this assumption because I had no idea hoq quick the shift  of commitment happened in 1992. However, from 1993-2002 there was zero possibility for that Ridge actually loved Brooke. She was a caniving h* who always used her children for her own benefit and desperate need to cling onto Ridge. 

Ever since the show shifted to Nick/Brooke/Ridge and Bill/Brooke/Ridge we have entered a whole new aera in the traingel business which made Brooke much more liekable for me, but the perfect romance never involved Ridge.  

• Members

I am following the B&B official youtube chanel and now they are uploading episodes from january 1988, soon will get to 255 and i remember that we had some episodes with missing beginigns, ends, songs muted, so if anyone keeps a list of what we need to upload again, can put it here and when they are on youtube we can get the CBS ones.