B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am at the end of 1990 in my rewatch now and to me it's almost like Taylor's character is upstaged by her beauty. Taylor's been on for six months and I still haven't really got a good grasp of her personality. Sometimes she comes across a bit like a walking sculpture. It's like she hasn't really been given a point of view yet, we get very few clues about her thoughts and feelings. She is always calm, cool and kind of an observer of the action rather than a participant.

• Members

Taylor was an observer..kind of an outsider to the dramas of the Foresters, Logans, and Spencer's.  

I liked that about her...and that seems her main function up to 1994 when she first left the show.

When her dad and brother come on in 1992, you kind of understand why she's the calm and cool observer one.  She was the peacemaker in her family.  Speaking of which, it's a shame her brother Zach never came back to the show in all these years.

• Members

Thanks! I deleted the other copies of #3103. Yours are great.

Is it possible you could add this one as well? It should be 2009-07-31 # 5,619
https://10play.com.au/the-bold-and-the-beautiful-fast-tracked/episodes/season-2020/best-location-shoots-ridge-and-taylor-in-barbados-part-3/tpv200428sbnqy

I was also wondering about 1996-10-08 #2393.  It is in the vault already but in low quallity (screen record). It's the fashion show where Ridge proposes to Taylor. It was one of the 10play episodes last summer, but I can't for the life of me find it on their site now. It could be because I'm not in Australia and region blocked. Just wondering if you could double check if you can find it, and then upload it in better quality if possible  

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

Oh absolutely! I see them very differently now as a 40+ year old woman re-watching with years of life experience behind me than the 12 year old girl I was when I first started when the show came on the air and had no life experience in ANY area, hahaha! As a mom, I can definitely sympathize with Stephanie and her love for her children, her desperation to make her marriage work. I loathe Eric and his disregard for his wife just so he can swoon over Beth any chance he gets. I am irritated by Ridge for thinking that a mere 3 months for Brooke to get untangled from her mess of a marriage to his father is "too long to wait", and for thinking he can play god with other people's lives. You can't force someone to love another! Caroline made her own choices and rewatching the episode where Ridge begged her to not marry Thorne and she STILL said she wanted to, has made me realize that all her belly aching in the episodes to come were her just regretting her decision - not that her decision was ever taken from her. I used to think the timeline of when she could've received that fateful letter would've made a difference but in watching the show, she would've had an extra day to consider. Not once did she say "I have to marry Thorne because people are counting on me". She said she loved Thorne and wanted to marry him - period. I could go on & on

Please register in order to view this content