B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Sadly I think that’s what happens when people continue to discuss or reference “the vault” on YouTube. It’s a real shame someone has come down hard on you? I have concerns the vault will be shut down if people talk about it so openly on YouTube, and people like Gilson continue to profiteer so openly and gloatingly on YouTube which highlights where he’s getting the episodes.

Thanks for you efforts though. It’s a real shame given the beautiful quality of your recordings. I think the only thing we can reasonably count on if the official YouTube channel honours their word is that at the rate of 3 episodes posted per day, we should have the first 18 seasons available to watch within 4ish years. It’s just a real pity they don’t upload them in great quality.

Edited by BoldKara

• Members

As an example of what I’ve said above about people speaking openly about the vault on YT, there’s an Antonia Chapstick (in the comments of the YT link you provide above) telling people to go check out her About page on her YT page to get episodes for free (in reference to Gilson selling them for money). When you click her check out Twitter link, it takes you straight to the Vault’s Twitter page. I worry if I can do this so easily and follow the bread crumbs people lay for others, how easy would it be for someone who works for B&B to do the same and shut the Vault down?

• Members

I absolutely agree about Steffy as a "cool girl"! That fits her very well. Hope I'd say is a "sweet girl" and a contrast to Steffy (although Hope also borders on Mary Sue territory, especially during the HFTF hype days).

I like to think of the show as built around "force fields". The structure of the show during its best years was a combination of two force fields: Stephanie-Brooke (struggle for power within the Forrester family) and Forrester-Spectra (struggle for power in the fashion business). Everything significant that happened was charged with "electricity" from either of these. I really think the loss of first Sally, then Stephanie made the show lose its power, like a battery that runs out. Since, there have been lame attempts to recapture these two central power struggles but nothing has really filled the void.

The problem with the show today is that there are no true opposite poles. There’s really only one extended family, and only one significant place of business.

As for Brooke's story arc, I feel her natural end point would have been to "become" Stephanie. They seemed to move her in that direction in the late 90s when her opposition to Amber mirrored Stephanie's opposition to Brooke, and Stephanie took Amber under her wing. But then Brooke's character took a wrong turn IMO, first with her aggressively pursuing Thorne while declaring him her new destiny (which was pretty out of character for Brooke) and then with her affair with Deacon which really hurt her credibility as a maternal character. After that, she became more a seductress than a matriarch in the making. And that was really a dead end for the character because with every passing year, Brooke's lack of growth and maturity as she continued to "follow her heart" became all the more jarring. There was a hint that Hope's birth could have been Brooke's "road to Damascus moment" and sparked a permanent shift in her. It would have been a beautiful character arc and led Brooke to a viable end point, but the show never followed through on it. 

Edited by Videnbas

• Members

Let's calm down. I see that Gilson has already deleted that comment with the link to the vault since he does not want anyone getting episodes from it but from him. But please do not give the link to anyone outside our platform cause someone from the production may see it, it is very unwise to paste it anywhere. We won't change Gilson's dirty tactics but we'd be very careful

• Members

It would be nice to know "who" specifically told soapwikijohn to not post videos here as it may alert us as to where the issue is coming from so we can avoid problems? I don't think people are being unnecessarily uncalm...it's the idea that someone is apparently policing this, and could put an end to this, that's the concern.

• Members

In my humble oppinion someone is trying to scare our friend and stop her/him from sharing the episodes. The Vault is a private space and the user decides what to upload and with whom to share. Even if we have downloaded the episodes they are for presonal use of the downloader who uploades them to his Vault. The idea of OneDrive is to keep your files it is created as a personal space. Noone can tell you what to download and keep on your computer, right! 

Edited by Marquise

• Members

Honestly, the stuff with the vault doesn't surprise me. There is a twitter page devoted to it and I believe the person who runs it is who posts on twitter talking about each time they upload episodes. It was bout to get blown up now that B&B is trying to monetize it. I just hope for the Y&R stuff it can be saved, but considering they are uploading the B&B stuff, I'd try to avoid posting anything from that show.