B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm up to 804 in my rewatch and that's Hunter Tylo's first appearance as "Dr Hayes". The scenes are written as though Caroline and she are familiar, and there's even a hug at the end, even though it's the first time we have witnessed them in a scene together.

I have to wonder since Caroline's doctor Dr Angelo appeared some episodes beforehand, appearing as a long-haired brunette...do we think that the intention was for Dr Angelo to play the future love interest of Ridge, and was re-cast as the new character of Dr Hayes who looked quite similar???

• Members

@rsclassicfanforever Thank you very much! 

If you guys are interested I can upload E1322 & E1323 and E1327 & E1328 to the vault separately, without changing the quality. I always do this to make some order in my folders and usually I add a short description of every single episode to find some different things very quick.

I can also upload all the combined episodes separately if you are up for this, please just let me know.

• Members

Made it to episode 1300 and I have a few observations and questions...

Sheila showed up on B&B around the time I was born.

I love how Thorne and Macy would just spontaneously burst out into song from time to time 

Please register in order to view this content

Blake is still an insufferable douche and I couldn't be happier that his time on the show is soon coming to an end 

And good God, Hunter Tylo really was one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. It really is a shame what she did to her face.

Did Pierre leave yet? I love that little guy.

And, was there any follow up on who stole the BeLief formula? Was there ever a definitive answer as to who stole it? Last we saw, Jake said he was the one who did it, but it seemed he was lying to get Macy off the hook. By now it seems like the storyline's been dropped.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Yes, Hunter was gorgeuos!!!! 

I do not know why and when Pierre left town and they stopped going to his Caffe.

And yes i think the "who stole BeLief formula" was never shown.

I am now really, really enjoying Bill and Darla! Darla is so sweet and Bill so nerveous

Please register in order to view this content

And of course Stephanie and Jack!

And Sally kissing Jack and telling he kissed her, are my eyes seeing diferent  lol

• Members

Oh yes, Pierre! He was such a sweet character! So warm and friendly, and an entertainer. Every scene he is in, he puts a smile on my face. 

It's funny with the BeLieF theft, the show didn't have many loose ends in the early years, but this was definitely one of them. Such a major plot point, and it was never resolved. I still think Jake confessed only to get Macy off the hook, which basically leaves Clarke as the one remaining suspect. But it was never confirmed whether he did it.

And yes, Hunter Tylo was stunning back in the day. Still was until 2002. And the character was well written until that point. Just imagine how differently we would remember Taylor's character if she had stayed dead after Sheila shot her! I really think her second resurrection was a mistake.

The less said about Blake, the better. I can never unsee his seizures/panic attacks/bouts of rabies/whatever those things were supposed to be.

I loved Thorne and Macy's spontaneous singing! It was like the entire soap operated according to a certain set of fictional rules, with a pretty high level of "realism" (unless we're talking explicit fantasy sequences), and in come Thorne and Macy and suddenly those rules don't apply to them. It's funny how at first the writers tried to find realistic ways to make them sing (like the charity benefit, or them singing together while Thorne played the piano) and then, pretty early on, they gave that up and went "oh well, just let them sing!", threw realism out the window and just let Thorne and Macy be in a movie musical of their own while the rest of the show stayed in the soap genre.