B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

We started off 8 months behind at the end of 1987. Taking advantage of the US preemptions of which we got far fewer and some double airings when it changed timeslot, by January 1993 Network 10 must have narrowed the gap to 5 months based on this being episode 1300 as @soapwikijohn has determined. It took us to finally catch up after 3 decades as the pandemic hit, and production stopped. Then we got 50 classic episodes and some more recent repeats, many of which were different to the North American classic repeats, before new episodes returned.

Presently, Network 10 air new episodes at 4.30pm weekdays about 3 days behind the US. 10play, Network 10’s streaming service, uploads them fast-tracked at around 8am AEDT Tuesday to Saturday due to the time difference. This includes the 2.5 minute bonus scene for the international market that North America does not get to see broadcast or streamed.

• Members

HAHA! No, I wish, we were behind for sooooo long, constantly getting spoiled months in advance in magazines...when I'd go to the US on little holidays in 1990 and 1993, I'd be propelled into the future watching scenes that would be ages away for us in Australia, and be captivated...literally the last few months before the pandemic hit Ten started showing doubles and then we caught up! I suspect they wish they hadn't, as they'd have had new episodes to play through that production break.

• Members

Does everyone on this thread also follow the "YR Old Articles" thread?

We just discovered that extremely rare '91 eps have been added to the vault... 2/27, 2/28, 3/1 and 5/22. 2/27 and 2/28 feature Sheila right before she does the baby switch! We're extremely excited over on the YR Old Articles thread

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Yeah they loved their spoilers, I would have them captivated for hours as I told them what was coming! Mum rings me to find out what’s next and she’s only 3 episodes behind as she doesn’t have the internet and watches the live TV episodes, while I watch the fast tracked ones! Haha

• Members

Actually that night is shown as a memory of Eric in the future episodes. Brooke and Eric talked about it. And as i remember it they were back form a party where Brooke had too much wine and almost fall on the bed. It was not shown as she was thinking it was Ridge nore that she drank at home. I am not sure if i remember well will see.