B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Alright, so I have the day off of work, and finally able to sit and mess with everything. The previous way of recording was very...flakey, basically if I wasn't *watching* it then it wasn't recording, and considering I work two jobs being home at the time it was airing was kindof impossible LOL. With that said, I spent a lot of time and figured out a solution using my PC so I *THINK* we should be good. I'll stress test it tonight and see if anything's wrong LOL.

Once the episode is recorded, I then have to basically convert it to a .mp4 file and then from there split the episodes in two (from the one hour block). All in all the process seems to take my computer about 30-40 minutes. So *shrugs* not impossible, but I'm going to have to make it a habit I keep up with because otherwise it's just a pain LOL.

With that said, obviously I missed a few episodes and I'm sorry, I'll try and get this upcoming Sunday's marathon to fill it in and then capture it and post every day *fingers crossed* With that said I dropped two more episodes into the 1995 folder, simply labeled "B&B Cala Classic 10/6/21 Episode 1 / 2" once we know what episode were on (again) than I'll attempt to label them accordingly going forward. 

Let me know what you think of the video quality, I tried a new process using a new program so I *think* i retained as much of the HQ as I could. I really haven't watched the episodes because I'm confused LOL, but I plan on saving everything and watching once we get to this point with the VideoLand episodes LOL. 

Anyways hope everyone is having a good day

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Hi, is anyone able to successfully view 1306 which was uploaded today?

I'm using VCL player to view the latest eps as BoldRestless suggested, which has worked great up through 1305.  1306 plays for 40 seconds and then freezes...

A million thanks to the uploaders for these precious eps!

• Members

Thank you so much! 

Episode 1 is May 19, 1995 and episode 2 is May 20, 1995.  May 19 was in the vault, but the quality on yours is much better! I think these videos look great and the file size is perfect for me. They look just as good as videoland but without the subtitles. I'm like you, I'm waiting to watch them all at once. I just skim the episode enough to figure out the date (I watched in real time in 1995 so it's not really a spoiler, haha). It's really too bad they don't stream the videos on Cala and instead you have to do all that work. Hoping videoland gets up to that season eventually, but it's so great to have these in case they don't.  Truly appreciate the work that goes into it. 

Same problem here, I think the video is corrupted.

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

May 20 was a Saturday. Is it possible the 2nd one is May 22? Thanks for working it out!

Quality looks GREAT! Thank you for all your efforts, clearly time consuming but worth it to help complete what is missing! 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

So cool to see Lane Davies as Ridge! And what a surprise in the 1308 credits to see Lane listed in the contract section, and Ronn Moss not listed at all.  That's not usually the case if an actor is out sick and there's a replacement actor... the original actor would retain their listing in the contract cast credits, and the replacement would be listed under recurring/guest cast.

Anyone know the story here? Was Ronn in a salary dispute or something?