Old/Classic B&B discussion&articles

soapfan770

• Members
7 hours ago, soapwikijohn said:

So unfortunately I am not home to currently check on it, but the omnibus (marathon) of this weeks B&B on Cala Classics is airing right now and it’s recording so fingers crossed I’ll have 10 episodes to post (8 given the two episodes I posted already) from ‘95 later tonight . If not I’ll be up and running for tomorrow and this weeks and we should have ‘95-on here soon. 

if this works than hopefully we will have ‘92-94 from Videoland next year and then 95-97 from Cala by the time the two intersect haha

Darn I guess I lost power due to a storm we had so it didn’t record. But I have it now set up and a back up set up so starting tomorrow I’ll record and post those. 

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, BoldRestless said:

Partial episodes - if any of you have them in full please upload

5042 (this is actually some weird collection of clips and not really an episode?) 4/19/2007
5071 5/31/2007
5097 7/06/2007
5391 9/04/2008 (I uploaded)
5579 6/05/2009
5580 6/08/2009
5581 6/09/2009
5585 6/15/2009
5590 6/22/2009
5591 6/23/2009 (have second half in French)
5592  (will upload Mocksfan version)
5593 (will upload Mocksfan version)
5594 6/26/2009
5595 6/29/2009 (I uploaded
5597 7/01/2009 (I uploaded)
5598  7/02/2009 (I iploaded)

I've checked Bob for TV Soaps on YouTube and it seems he has uploaded a lot more episodes from the 2000s since we last spoke about his treasure trove, so I've managed to find and upload the following to 2009 to complete these partial episodes that the official channel had on YouTube: 5579, 5580, 5581 and 5585. Enjoy.

It's probably worth me/us checking Bob's channel every now and then, as it seems he adds to it sporadically (lots of other soaps on there too).

Someone has posted on archive.org this Entertainment Tonight behind the scenes clip of when Sheila went to the santitarium after taking poison at her Goodbye Party. Not the greatest quality but Kimberlin is very entertaining. Enjoy.

https://archive.org/details/capture-a-3902

Edited by BoldKara

• Members
3 hours ago, BoldKara said:

5042 has been put in the Vault.   Strange the official B&B YouTube channel put the edited one there which is a combination of 5041 and 5042...possibly due to the Virginia Tech shooting that happened at the time of airing?

Thanks! LOL, Ridge putting the body in a garment bag and dumping it... a classic. Definitely a good one to have.

51 minutes ago, soapwikijohn said:

Darn I guess I lost power due to a storm we had so it didn’t record. But I have it now set up and a back up set up so starting tomorrow I’ll record and post those. 

Oh no.

Please register in order to view this content
 Sorry that your effort went to waste, hopefully this week's will be better! 

47 minutes ago, BoldKara said:

I've checked Bob for TV Soaps on YouTube and it seems he has uploaded a lot more episodes from the 2000s since we last spoke about his treasure trove, so I've managed to find and upload the following to 2009 to complete these partial episodes that the official channel had on YouTube: 5579, 5580, 5581 and 5585. Enjoy.

It's probably worth me/us checking Bob's channel every now and then, as it seems he adds to it sporadically (lots of other soaps on there too).

Someone has posted on archive.org this Entertainment Tonight behind the scenes clip of when Sheila went to the santitarium after taking poison at her Goodbye Party. Not the greatest quality but Kimberlin is very entertaining. Enjoy.

https://archive.org/details/capture-a-3902

Wow, Bob really has uploaded a lot! Good thinking to check. 

• Members
32 minutes ago, BoldRestless said:

Thanks! LOL, Ridge putting the body in a garment bag and dumping it... a classic. Definitely a good one to have.

Oh no.

Sorry that your effort went to waste, hopefully this week's will be better! 

Wow, Bob really has uploaded a lot! Good thinking to check. 

Most of the core characters really should be in jail, shouldn't they? 

• Members

Episode 1301 is uploaded in the 1992 Folder....but accidently i uploaded episode 1302 into the main folder "The Bold and the Beautiful". Maybe someone of you can put it in the right folder

On thursday we will meet Lane Davies as Ridge Forrester in Episode 1307

• Members
58 minutes ago, rsclassicfanforever said:

Episode 1301 is uploaded in the 1992 Folder....but accidently i uploaded episode 1302 into the main folder "The Bold and the Beautiful". Maybe someone of you can put it in the right folder

Thank you so much!!!

it really is a shame Bell decided to not continue the Zach/Felicia pairing as they both left town by the end of the year. I really enjoyed Felicia and Kristen together too! 

haha did Bradley rewatch these episodes at some point to get the idea to name Denise Richards Shauna?? for those who didn’t watch the latest episode Brooke keeps calling Sheila that! Haha 

• Members
1 hour ago, rsclassicfanforever said:

Awesome that Videoland continues with the uploads.

The German rebroadcasts always stopped at episode 1300.

• Members

This recent batch of episodes from 1992 marks a real repositioning of stories and the canvas and I wondered if it was acknowledged as a revamp of sorts at the time?

The long game and absolutely delicious irony of where Brooke/Stephanie's machinations get them with their men after 5 years (i.e. out on their arses) is just genius and I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of Bill Bell plan to that aspect of the story. It truly feels like it's moving into a new chapter. Stephanie's turning on Brooke at the wedding is the punctuation point.

However amongst them, a lot else is changing. To be honest, the show from late 1991 to this point did feel like it was spinning its wheels. Clarke/Sally, Margo/Bill, Jake/Thorne/Macy/Felicia - there were great moments but it was surprisingly slow and repetitive and I think the exits of some of those players was needed. The Karen/Blake story is also just very weird and smells of a half baked idea that just didn't translate from page to screen. (As an aside, I only ever knew Macy from 1995 onwards but watching her evolution, she is such an oddball character. She also has this remarkably dated look to her that the other females don't, like she's stuck in 1989).

Anyway, I noted from ep 1290 onwards, there's all this sudden energy. Sheila adds immediate spice, Sly and Zack, Kristen's return, the stunt of Felicia running Zack down. It's a definitely, positive shift.

• Members

I think you are completely right. This is the moment the show starts getting near it's peak, which will be Belief. The next 450-500 episodes are the ultimate Bold episodes. If someone has to choose a single period to watch the show... this is it.

We are nearing the complete 1987-1993 - the day we have this completed... one of my biggest dreams will have been realized.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Everytime I rewatch any episode from the golden era of B&B (at least for me) 1987-1995 I see small details that Bill Bell planed for future stories! In the dialogs, in the looks  - Zack and Felicia, Brooke's pregnancy, Sheila starting to like Eric, Clark thinking about Kristen, the anniversery's date and counting till 2 years! (just stay tuned )....

Edited by Marquise

• Members
10 hours ago, JamesF said:

This recent batch of episodes from 1992 marks a real repositioning of stories and the canvas and I wondered if it was acknowledged as a revamp of sorts at the time?

The long game and absolutely delicious irony of where Brooke/Stephanie's machinations get them with their men after 5 years (i.e. out on their arses) is just genius and I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of Bill Bell plan to that aspect of the story. It truly feels like it's moving into a new chapter. Stephanie's turning on Brooke at the wedding is the punctuation point.

However amongst them, a lot else is changing. To be honest, the show from late 1991 to this point did feel like it was spinning its wheels. Clarke/Sally, Margo/Bill, Jake/Thorne/Macy/Felicia - there were great moments but it was surprisingly slow and repetitive and I think the exits of some of those players was needed. The Karen/Blake story is also just very weird and smells of a half baked idea that just didn't translate from page to screen. (As an aside, I only ever knew Macy from 1995 onwards but watching her evolution, she is such an oddball character. She also has this remarkably dated look to her that the other females don't, like she's stuck in 1989).

Anyway, I noted from ep 1290 onwards, there's all this sudden energy. Sheila adds immediate spice, Sly and Zack, Kristen's return, the stunt of Felicia running Zack down. It's a definitely, positive shift.

I think there was always this parallel between Brooke and Stephanie, right from the start. They were linked from the beginning because they were the only ones who knew of each other's manipulations. For example, BOTH of them knew about Eric/Beth and covered it up in front of Ridge, but for opposite reasons. And both of them manipulated letters in order to win or hold on to the man they wanted (Stephanie by sending an anonymous letter to the Logans about their father's whereabouts, Brooke by hiding Caroline's letter to Ridge), and got dumped when the truth about their manipulations became known. I think part of the intriguing dynamic in the beginning between Stephanie and Brooke is that in terms of visible power and status, they are worlds apart, but take away those superficial aspects, and they are very evenly matched.

In fact, going back to watch from the beginning (I am now at 1990), I have a feeling that Beth/Eric was never meant to be the real story. Beth/Eric was simply the catalyst for building a long term rivalry between Stephanie and Brooke.

Blake was an odd character. I never did understand exactly what was wrong with him with his sudden attacks of - something?

As for Macy, I actually found her among the most "human" and relatable characters on the show. But I think the key to her character is that emotionally, she is a child - she can be pretty naive at times and when bad things happen (basically 90% of the time with Macy) she can't really cope on her own but needs someone to put her back together (usually Sally). She is loving and has a good heart but her lack of "toughness" makes her very vulnerable, even to the point of being self-destructive. I do have to wonder though if the Macy who evolved was really the same character the writers had in mind at first or if they changed her in response to how Bobbie Eakes played her. It seemed in the beginning that they had initially intended to make her more assertive and "Sally-like", but instead she became basically the opposite of Sally.

I think where we are at right now, we are heading into the peak of B&B, or at least the years with the most "action". Though I must say I have loved the slow start of the 80s episodes because of the clear direction in long term storytelling and characterization.

4 hours ago, Marquise said:

Everytime I rewatch any episode from the golden era of B&B (at least for me) 1987-1995 I see small details that Bill Bell planed for future stories! In the dialogs, in the looks  - Zack and Felicia, Brooke's pregnancy, Sheila starting to like Eric, Clark thinking about Kristen, the anniversery's date and counting till 2 years! (just stay tuned )....

I couldn't agree more, Marquise! It really makes it a joy to rewatch these years knowing what will happen, because you can see all these seeds being planted, sometimes years in advance! It is very satisfying knowing there's actually a purpose for everything that's being shown. 

• Members

I also have the feeling that Macy was not meant to be a weak character. It turned out that way in the years. 

I remember Taylor saying that Blake had a genetic disease i think. But do not remember the name.

• Members

Alright, so I have the day off of work, and finally able to sit and mess with everything. The previous way of recording was very...flakey, basically if I wasn't *watching* it then it wasn't recording, and considering I work two jobs being home at the time it was airing was kindof impossible LOL. With that said, I spent a lot of time and figured out a solution using my PC so I *THINK* we should be good. I'll stress test it tonight and see if anything's wrong LOL.

Once the episode is recorded, I then have to basically convert it to a .mp4 file and then from there split the episodes in two (from the one hour block). All in all the process seems to take my computer about 30-40 minutes. So *shrugs* not impossible, but I'm going to have to make it a habit I keep up with because otherwise it's just a pain LOL.

With that said, obviously I missed a few episodes and I'm sorry, I'll try and get this upcoming Sunday's marathon to fill it in and then capture it and post every day *fingers crossed* With that said I dropped two more episodes into the 1995 folder, simply labeled "B&B Cala Classic 10/6/21 Episode 1 / 2" once we know what episode were on (again) than I'll attempt to label them accordingly going forward. 

Let me know what you think of the video quality, I tried a new process using a new program so I *think* i retained as much of the HQ as I could. I really haven't watched the episodes because I'm confused LOL, but I plan on saving everything and watching once we get to this point with the VideoLand episodes LOL. 

Anyways hope everyone is having a good day

• Members
On 10/4/2021 at 12:02 PM, rsclassicfanforever said:

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! I'm on the edge of my seat watching each episode. I so appreciate you doing this! Can't wait to see more

• Members

Hi, is anyone able to successfully view 1306 which was uploaded today?

I'm using VCL player to view the latest eps as BoldRestless suggested, which has worked great up through 1305.  1306 plays for 40 seconds and then freezes...

A million thanks to the uploaders for these precious eps!