Announcement: New Memberships Suspended

Old/Classic B&B discussion&articles

soapfan770

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I remember when the show toyed with pairing Brooke with Conner Davis.

It was interesting seeing him pursue her, compliment her, etc.  Her reaction was priceless because she had been pursuing Ridge and Eric...so she wasn't used to having someone pursue her.

Shame the show was insistent on keeping her stagnant 

• Members
2 hours ago, Soapie34 said:

Our 'lovely Gilson Serafin' is now posting on a soap group on FB about how he has Y&R episodes from 1998 and 1999.

No prizes for guessing where he got them from. 

You can always do the following:

Gilson Seraphim: I have Y&R 1998-1999, pm me for details.

And respond with the following:

"Or you can access them here for free *paste vault link*"

It's a sure-fire deterrent.

• Members
19 minutes ago, ChickenNuggetz92 said:

That's too funny!!!

• Members

I think he has another sourse apart from the Vault since he upoloads parts from 1992 episodes, that are still not uploaded on the Vault.  But i am deffinetly against selling any episodes and profiting from that. 

• Members
7 hours ago, ChickenNuggetz92 said:

Lol! But, seriously, how "discreet" do we need to be about the Vault? I can't help but feel it's almost too good to be true, and wonder if it is truly safe or could get taken down like those old episodes on Youtube, so I am very hesitant to spread the link outside this forum. 

• Members
8 hours ago, ChickenNuggetz92 said:

I may do that! 

• Members
2 hours ago, Videnbas said:

Lol! But, seriously, how "discreet" do we need to be about the Vault? I can't help but feel it's almost too good to be true, and wonder if it is truly safe or could get taken down like those old episodes on Youtube, so I am very hesitant to spread the link outside this forum. 

I don't mind having the Vault shared - in fact, it opens up more opportunities for potential contributors! It's part of the reason why I had the idea of purchasing a OneDrive business account - to break down the cost barrier of accessing these episodes and making them more accessible to soap enthusiasts. Additionally, because OneDrive isn't primarily a video streaming/sharing platform like YouTube, it is much less likely to be flagged by the copyright police.

That being said, depending on the mode of communication, use your judgment. As long as there aren't potential powers that be that are lurking in Soap social media groups, sharing the link is completely fine. On the other hand, it might not be the best idea to directly provide the link on the B&B official YouTube channel in the comments - Casey Kasprzyk is very active on that account so really Gilson is just shooting themselves in the foot. But if you want to deter commenters from purchasing episodes from Gilson in a discreet manner, just do something along the lines of "I can provide access to the same episodes for free, unlike Gilson. PM me for details via (insert platform)".

Also, Gilson seems to be quick at deleting my comments LOL so don't directly reply under him.

Edited by ChickenNuggetz92

• Members
1 hour ago, ChickenNuggetz92 said:

I don't mind having the Vault shared - in fact, it opens up more opportunities for potential contributors! It's part of the reason why I had the idea of purchasing a OneDrive business account - to break down the cost barrier of accessing these episodes and making them more accessible to soap enthusiasts. Additionally, because OneDrive isn't primarily a video streaming/sharing platform like YouTube, it is much less likely to be flagged by the copyright police.

That being said, depending on the mode of communication, use your judgment. As long as there aren't potential powers that be that are lurking in Soap social media groups, sharing the link is completely fine. On the other hand, it might not be the best idea to directly provide the link on the B&B official YouTube channel in the comments - Casey Kasprzyk is very active on that account so really Gilson is just shooting themselves in the foot. But if you want to deter commenters from purchasing episodes from Gilson in a discreet manner, just do something along the lines of "I can provide access to the same episodes for free, unlike Gilson. PM me for details via (insert platform)".

Also, Gilson seems to be quick at deleting my comments LOL so don't directly reply under him.

Thanks for clarifying! Yes, I guess my main concern was if TPTB might be lurking somewhere where the link is posted. But, like you suggested, the "PM me for details" is a safer and more discreet way of sharing if the forum is very public.

• Members

I don't think it's good idea to oversshare the link. It could backfire. For nearly 15 years I've been seeing a lot of time people sharing episodes and they are always deleted because of over sharing. I remember in 2007 there was a forum community that Had so so much... Complete years and I am still sore that I didn't download. But then they got deleted. We don't want to lose everything, right. Again, I am so grateful to everyone connected to the vault and especially its creator.

You are a God.

I hope after Bold gets canceled soon, we will be able to have the complete show 1987 up to 2005. The good years.

• Members
5 hours ago, divinemotion said:

I don't think it's good idea to oversshare the link. It could backfire. For nearly 15 years I've been seeing a lot of time people sharing episodes and they are always deleted because of over sharing. I remember in 2007 there was a forum community that Had so so much... Complete years and I am still sore that I didn't download. But then they got deleted. We don't want to lose everything, right. Again, I am so grateful to everyone connected to the vault and especially its creator.

That is the risk/reward though.... if you don't share the link, it's less likely to get deleted, but it will always be the same couple of people uploading. If you share the link more, maybe you will find someone who saved those collections from 2007 and will upload them to the vault.  For example a poster here reached out to Nikki N and she ended up sharing quite a bit of good stuff. I try to leave messages to people who seem to be fans and would have things to share. I found some really nice people that way. 

It's also extremely important when finding new stuff to download it right away, back it up and share it with trusted individuals who can also save the videos for the community. It's much better to have multiple people having that set of videos on their hard drive just in case something happens. That's why the Vault is so brilliant, God forbid it does go down, there would many people here who have the full set of 1987-1992 saved and we could always piece it back together again.

5 hours ago, Videnbas said:

Thanks for clarifying! Yes, I guess my main concern was if TPTB might be lurking somewhere where the link is posted. But, like you suggested, the "PM me for details" is a safer and more discreet way of sharing if the forum is very public.

Yeah I usually ask people to PM/email me (since YouTube doesn't have PM). The other thing I do is send the link to the Vault's twitter page https://twitter.com/yrvault, so they can see it's a real thing, cause I feel like if I just send that "bit.ly" link people might think it's a scam lol. 

• Members

I agree with not oversharing the link. I remember what happened to all the other vaults which have been overshared, then got removed and never came back. I believe that everyone interested will finally find our vault or some of us will share the link with some confided friends loving B&B and being hungry for all classic episodes as we are or maybe some of us know some poeple having missing episodes. Sharing is okay, but we need to know how to do that. Promoting this on youtube or some public facebook groups would be not a very good idea.

Hopefully some people will be able to contribute, but I believe that now the full episodes from Nederland are the most valueable, as they are in pretty good quality, in opposite to most of the old VHS records, which usually are in different languages, incomplete or in very poor quality. It's way much better than the B&B official Youtube chanell which is really laughable in 2021 - uploading with 360p or 480p quality, sometimes incomplete, very messy, without cutting off the useless parts and also with a very bad aspect ratio...

I can see that since weeks there was noone able to upload any episodes from 1992. Unfortunately I don't have any VPN working, but if there's any way to help please just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

• Members

I'd be very careful with sharing the link to randos around here. There's been a lot of troll kabuki theater going on with one or two deeply bored, deeply troubled people and multiple identities in the last few years.