B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Members

Wow lol I uploaded a couple of those. I hope this doesn't dissuade others from uploading into the Vault.

All added. I also added #5455 since I noticed it was there in French only.

About the quality of the videos, someone could redub the better quality foreign videos with the English audio using avidemux. It's very time consuming to do it because the episode needs to be split up into parts and each part sycned.

Edited by BoldRestless

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And so blatantly telling people to private message him on YouTube in the chat under each of the recent season 1 classic releases, in plain sight of the powers that be. Hope he gets caught for profiting off something he doesn't own. Scumbag.

That's awesome, thanks for uploading these.

That would be a huge job I imagine, especially if the different versions run at different lengths due to broadcast speeds or edits, or the opening credits are played first as happens in many, etc. But full props to anyone who attempts to! 

• Members

That's great! Until proven otherwise, I much prefer to think of them as the same character! Dr Oshiro seems to be the Forrester family doctor, and Thorne and Macy initially said they would gather their "talented friends - prominent people who maybe had aspirations to the stage at one time". So it does sort of fit. Only problem is, the Elvis impersonator spoke in broken English with Japanese words thrown in and Dr Oshiro obviously didn't. But I guess that could be part of his act. I just really want to keep the mental picture of Dr Oshiro's secret nighttime life, and Caroline being given her death sentence by Elvis! (Not to mention imagining the wonderful awkwardness that could have ensued at Thorne's next yearly checkup.) 

Edited by Videnbas

• Members

I`m uploading few more from my old vhs tapes. One from October 1999 I think… it`s Macy vs Brooke in karaoke and some episode from March 2000. More to come as always when I have the time…

Please register in order to view this content

I have my own grocery store nowadays so it`s pretty busy sorry

• Members

Welcome to all the new members here! @boldbeautifulau , @Sasha66 , @Finrod , @Videnbas , @paradisin and others.

I also had A LOT of issues to register here, I'm glad to see I'm not alone lol. I tried multiple times with at least 3 different emails but nothing worked.  I wanted to participate in this thread and contribue to the vault for so long... I emailed Errol and Toups and they approved me immediately.

Please register in order to view this content

So, I completed the few episodes I couldn't add on August 20-25 (#1451, #1451, October 2002... all episodes added in late August)... the vault was full so I couldn't finish (thank you chickenugets for clearing this). I also added #4075-4124 in German (from @rsclassicfanforever Youtube private playlist... THANK YOU)... I think most between #4075 and #4113 weren't in the vault English.  Last time I checked, there were still a lot of holes between #4132 and #4203 but I'm sure we'll have them some day.

I also added 4 new episodes in Italian from April 1993. Some interesting Sheila/Lauren drama and a special ep with Karen and Brooke. Feel free to delete once/if we have the English version.

Yeah, I was also the one who added #5455 in French at the time..... Thanks@BoldRestless  for the english version... and Christmas 2004 and the other episodes you added.). And 2 episodes around #5590 in Spanish. I just noticed #5593-95 and #5597-5598 are incomplete, by the way. Not sure why. I think I have nothing left now, ... uploaded everything I had on my old computer.

10000 thanks to the Angel with this new playlist and the people who added these new episodes from this playlist.

OT: Sheila's return is a bit disappoiting so far. Falling flat. I had higher expectations... hopefully it'll improve.

Edited by Jennybold1974

• Members

You're welcome and thanks for the Italian episodes! Love them.

This is good that you bring this up, I never realized those episodes from the official YT were incomplete. That's so weird. Some of those videos might be on that big playlist. Here it is again: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBf2sqMgWduMSUUEhqZtzK4kCEOXZNAP5 

I see #5592 is also incomplete... ugh. But that one doesn't seem to be on the playlist.

I found #5593 (June 25, 2009) #5595 (June 29) #5597 (July 1) #5598 (July 2) on there and will download them. 

The quality is not nearly as good but at least they are complete). I might have missed some others. I encourage others to take a better look. If someone could check to see what videos are not complete that would be a huge job but worthwhile. I'm not optimistic this channel will remain online forever so it would be good to get anything we need now.  It would be helpful if anyone could either upload them to the vault or at least cross-reference the episode numbers/dates and post the direct link to the YT videos here, since the playlist is so hard to search. 

• Members

Episodes 5127 and 5128 are also missing from the official YouTube channel. These being the episodes where Andy assaults Brooke. I often wonder does the official YT channel deliberately skip episodes because of sensitive content? If that is indeed the case, the entire scene is replayed during a flashback in episode 5174. Makes no sense really. 

Edited by boldbeautifulau