Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Old/Classic B&B discussion&articles

soapfan770

• Members

Hi guys, I found this playlist with over 1100 videos. Maybe someone wants to go through this and see if there's anything we don't have https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBf2sqMgWduMSUUEhqZtzK4kCEOXZNAP5 From the looks of it we have most of these, but I just don't have the time to go through all these videos. And this user has playlists for basically every soap, btw, so I don't know how long the channel will stay up. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
4 hours ago, BoldRestless said:

Hi guys, I found this playlist with over 1100 videos. Maybe someone wants to go through this and see if there's anything we don't have https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBf2sqMgWduMSUUEhqZtzK4kCEOXZNAP5 From the looks of it we have most of these, but I just don't have the time to go through all these videos. And this user has playlists for basically every soap, btw, so I don't know how long the channel will stay up. 

What a find! From what I can tell, this lengthy playlist includes English versions of the following dates that were likely only had in the Vault in German or not at all (and a couple of Spanish):

1535 6 May 1993 (Sheila and Eric Wedding Part 1)

1536 7 May 1993 (Sheila and Eric Wedding Part 2) (I don't think we had these at all so an awesome find!)

4200 24 Dec 2003

4455 24 Dec 2004

5344 June 30 2008

5350 8 July 2008

5351 9 July 2008

5352 10 July 2008

5355 15 July 2008

5356 16 July 2008

5357 17 July 2008

5358 18 July 2008

5453 4 Dec 2008

5548 23 April 2009

5549 24 April 2009

5587 17 June 2009

5588 18 June 2009

5618 30 July 2009

5620 3 Aug 2009

5623 6 Aug 2009

So about 20 episodes all up that could be added to the vault that I can tell. If someone has the ability and the time to obtain and upload, I'm sure it will go much appreciated. Unfortunately the uploads on my internet plan are atrocious, so no can do at my end. Hopefully this has saved people the time to sift through them all, anyway. 

• Members

Thank you @BoldKara! That's really helpful to narrow it down. I grabbed the first four episodes on the list and will try to grab the 2008 and 2009 ones tonight. I thought we had those years from the official youtube, but those must be the missing ones from that channel. What do you think of those 1993 Taylor Edits, is it the same stuff Nikki N uploaded already?

• Members

Thank you @BoldKara! That's really helpful to narrow it down. I grabbed the first four episodes on the list and will try to grab the 2008 and 2009 ones tonight. I thought we had those years from the official youtube, but those must be the missing ones from that channel. What do you think of those 1993 Taylor Edits, is it the same stuff Nikki N uploaded already?

Yes there are missing episodes from the official channel that we would have in German (and two in Spanish - The Price is Right ones), but now have English versions (though not in as good quality unfortunately) through "Bob". I didn't even look at the Taylor edits to be honest, as they wouldn't be complete episodes. I find it hard to place clips vs placing whole episodes. Thanks for grabbing! 

Edited by BoldKara

• Members

I don't know if anyone here can help me with this...

I'm currently watching 1990 episodes and I really wonder if the doctor (Dr Oshiro) who gives Caroline her diagnosis in ep 773 was also the Elvis impersonator in ep 749. And if so, is it the same actor playing two different characters, or does the serious Dr Oshiro have a secret passion for karaoke?

(And, by the way, I have an INSANE amount of respect for the people doing their acts in that episode! Imagine getting hired to play "the guy/girl doing a cringeworthy audition for a talent show" on a soap that airs worldwide, and doing it with so much gusto!)

Edited by Videnbas

• Members
20 hours ago, sheilaforever said:

I once chatted with Michael Maloney https://soaphub.com/author/michaelmaloney1935/ who was part of the production staff of B^B from 1990/1991 after buying some old SODs from him via eBay LOL

Interestingly, he did not any specific reason for the Beth recast when asked.

Damn. Sounds like it was an off-the-cuff decision.

• Members
3 hours ago, Videnbas said:

I don't know if anyone here can help me with this...

I'm currently watching 1990 episodes and I really wonder if the doctor (Dr Oshiro) who gives Caroline her diagnosis in ep 773 was also the Elvis impersonator in ep 749. And if so, is it the same actor playing two different characters, or does the serious Dr Oshiro have a secret passion for karaoke?

LMAO - My thoughts exactly whilw watching. All I can say: it was the same actor

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0453647/?ref_=tt_rv_t8

• Members
22 minutes ago, Sasha66 said:

Please register in order to view this content

yeah that person who was tryna to sell episodes is definitely getting these from the vault lol

Wow lol I uploaded a couple of those. I hope this doesn't dissuade others from uploading into the Vault.

20 hours ago, BoldKara said:

What a find! From what I can tell, this lengthy playlist includes English versions of the following dates that were likely only had in the Vault in German or not at all (and a couple of Spanish):

1535 6 May 1993 (Sheila and Eric Wedding Part 1)

1536 7 May 1993 (Sheila and Eric Wedding Part 2) (I don't think we had these at all so an awesome find!)

4200 24 Dec 2003

4455 24 Dec 2004

5344 June 30 2008

5350 8 July 2008

5351 9 July 2008

5352 10 July 2008

5355 15 July 2008

5356 16 July 2008

5357 17 July 2008

5358 18 July 2008

5453 4 Dec 2008

5548 23 April 2009

5549 24 April 2009

5587 17 June 2009

5588 18 June 2009

5618 30 July 2009

5620 3 Aug 2009

5623 6 Aug 2009

So about 20 episodes all up that could be added to the vault that I can tell. If someone has the ability and the time to obtain and upload, I'm sure it will go much appreciated. Unfortunately the uploads on my internet plan are atrocious, so no can do at my end. Hopefully this has saved people the time to sift through them all, anyway. 

All added. I also added #5455 since I noticed it was there in French only.

About the quality of the videos, someone could redub the better quality foreign videos with the English audio using avidemux. It's very time consuming to do it because the episode needs to be split up into parts and each part sycned.

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members
5 hours ago, Sasha66 said:

yeah that person who was tryna to sell episodes is definitely getting these from the vault lol

And so blatantly telling people to private message him on YouTube in the chat under each of the recent season 1 classic releases, in plain sight of the powers that be. Hope he gets caught for profiting off something he doesn't own. Scumbag.

All added. I also added #5455 since I noticed it was there in French only.

About the quality of the videos, someone could redub the better quality foreign videos with the English audio using avidemux. It's very time consuming to do it because the episode needs to be split up into parts and each part sycned.

That's awesome, thanks for uploading these.

That would be a huge job I imagine, especially if the different versions run at different lengths due to broadcast speeds or edits, or the opening credits are played first as happens in many, etc. But full props to anyone who attempts to! 

• Members
12 hours ago, sheilaforever said:

LMAO - My thoughts exactly whilw watching. All I can say: it was the same actor

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0453647/?ref_=tt_rv_t8

That's great! Until proven otherwise, I much prefer to think of them as the same character! Dr Oshiro seems to be the Forrester family doctor, and Thorne and Macy initially said they would gather their "talented friends - prominent people who maybe had aspirations to the stage at one time". So it does sort of fit. Only problem is, the Elvis impersonator spoke in broken English with Japanese words thrown in and Dr Oshiro obviously didn't. But I guess that could be part of his act. I just really want to keep the mental picture of Dr Oshiro's secret nighttime life, and Caroline being given her death sentence by Elvis! (Not to mention imagining the wonderful awkwardness that could have ensued at Thorne's next yearly checkup.) 

Edited by Videnbas

• Members
1 hour ago, charholden5 said:

Wait a second.... Someone is profiting from t vault?

Yep, he even tried to sell episodes on the board claiming it was videos he recorded, now we know he rip offed the vault  the @gilson120495page

Edited by Sasha66