B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Members

My mom told me she always described the 1st Beth as striking and warm.  That she could never buy Eric leaving her Beth for Stephanie.

Also, she and Brooke looked like mother and daughter...and it would have made Eric and Brooke's later union more a transference of affection from Beth to Brooke

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes I definitely felt there was no chemistry between JMc and NB. Was really surprised they recast Judith Baldwin at the time, hair colour and all. I wonder if she quit or was replaced? If replaced, I don't know why when I felt she was doing a great job. She certainly looked more like Brooke as her mother. NB looked more like a mother to Katie in resemblance.

It's an interesting point that I think the reason has been lost to time, unfortunately...Darla Dinkle sounded cutesy, and appropriate to the character, though the revelation of Einstein was hilarious and penny dropping!

• Members

As far as i remember in an interview Joanna Johnson said that the scene when Ridge thinks of what would have been if Caroline if she  was still alive and may be they have children made here very sad (1992). She run out to Susun Flannery and confess that she was upset becouse she would never have that. That was when she came out as gay to Susan. I know there were rummors about them having and affair. May be that was the time. There are also rummors that before that Susan was in an relationship whith another woman when she adoppted her doughther Blase. So if the timing was correct noone knew Joanna was gay before that, may be she left B&B becouse she wanted to be a writter.

I also do not remember when Darla was first called Einstien

Please register in order to view this content

BTW thank you all for the uploads!

I can not wait to get to the charity party - one of my favourite time in 1992!

• Members

Hi guys, I found this playlist with over 1100 videos. Maybe someone wants to go through this and see if there's anything we don't have https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBf2sqMgWduMSUUEhqZtzK4kCEOXZNAP5 From the looks of it we have most of these, but I just don't have the time to go through all these videos. And this user has playlists for basically every soap, btw, so I don't know how long the channel will stay up. 

• Members

What a find! From what I can tell, this lengthy playlist includes English versions of the following dates that were likely only had in the Vault in German or not at all (and a couple of Spanish):

1535 6 May 1993 (Sheila and Eric Wedding Part 1)

1536 7 May 1993 (Sheila and Eric Wedding Part 2) (I don't think we had these at all so an awesome find!)

4200 24 Dec 2003

4455 24 Dec 2004

5344 June 30 2008

5350 8 July 2008

5351 9 July 2008

5352 10 July 2008

5355 15 July 2008

5356 16 July 2008

5357 17 July 2008

5358 18 July 2008

5453 4 Dec 2008

5548 23 April 2009

5549 24 April 2009

5587 17 June 2009

5588 18 June 2009

5618 30 July 2009

5620 3 Aug 2009

5623 6 Aug 2009

So about 20 episodes all up that could be added to the vault that I can tell. If someone has the ability and the time to obtain and upload, I'm sure it will go much appreciated. Unfortunately the uploads on my internet plan are atrocious, so no can do at my end. Hopefully this has saved people the time to sift through them all, anyway. 

• Members

Thank you @BoldKara! That's really helpful to narrow it down. I grabbed the first four episodes on the list and will try to grab the 2008 and 2009 ones tonight. I thought we had those years from the official youtube, but those must be the missing ones from that channel. What do you think of those 1993 Taylor Edits, is it the same stuff Nikki N uploaded already?

• Members

Yes there are missing episodes from the official channel that we would have in German (and two in Spanish - The Price is Right ones), but now have English versions (though not in as good quality unfortunately) through "Bob". I didn't even look at the Taylor edits to be honest, as they wouldn't be complete episodes. I find it hard to place clips vs placing whole episodes. Thanks for grabbing! 

Edited by BoldKara

• Members

I don't know if anyone here can help me with this...

I'm currently watching 1990 episodes and I really wonder if the doctor (Dr Oshiro) who gives Caroline her diagnosis in ep 773 was also the Elvis impersonator in ep 749. And if so, is it the same actor playing two different characters, or does the serious Dr Oshiro have a secret passion for karaoke?

(And, by the way, I have an INSANE amount of respect for the people doing their acts in that episode! Imagine getting hired to play "the guy/girl doing a cringeworthy audition for a talent show" on a soap that airs worldwide, and doing it with so much gusto!)

Edited by Videnbas