B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

According to IMDb she appeared in episodes #23 and #45. If I remember correctly, Donna was hanging around at the beach with some friends at a bonfire and the whole set was barely lit, so that it was not that easy to see much on-screen.
They tried some VERY natural stuff with the teens back then. Griffey's was so low key and plausible as a college hangout; and there was a disco called DANCE FACTORY for one episode, I think. Too bad they clearly did not have the proper budget to use this is a real set for the teens.

The recast was really bizarre. Judith Baldwin/the original Beth was much prettier, but Nancy Burnett fit in really well with the upcoming stories, so I guess it was storyline dictated recast.

• Members

Episode 23 was at the place Rocco worked. It's a shame the teen scene did not remain an integral part of the soap. But they did grow up in front of us... for the most part.

Judith Baldwin was fantastic as Beth Logan, but, I guess William J. Bell and his team did not see her with the likes of John McCook, I guess? Marla Adams is another questionable recast. Talent-wise she was right, but she just did not fit. Know who I would've LOVED to have seen in the role? Judith McConnell (ex-Sophia, SB; ex-Miranda, AW; ex-Valerie, ATWT et al). Now that would've been excellent casting, especially in linking back to Baldwin's casting.

• Members

I liked Griffey's too. Stacey the waitress was a great character! It was so refreshing that she was "normal" looking and still so totally and naturally self-confident in a world populated by beautiful people with "perfect" looks and bodies. And she had a great sense of humor. Her deadpan comments were pure gold.