Announcement: New Memberships Suspended

Old/Classic B&B discussion&articles

soapfan770

• Members
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JellyBean said:

This is amazing!  So far everything looks great! I'll definitely look into seeing if anything needs to be edited, but it looks great! 

EDIT: Skimming through 1995. I have B&B as having aired Episodes on Tues-Thurs Jan 24-26, but preempted Mon Jan 23 and Fri Jan 27. and also Preempted on Jan 30. I also believe September 19, 1995 was preempted. Could be 9/20/95 though? 

I also have those Same Iran/Contra 1987 dates for Y&R so those are most likely correct!

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by YRfan23

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
12 minutes ago, BoldRestless said:

Thanks! Looks awesome.

I looked into the OJ dates a bit since you mentioned that... what I have tracks pretty well with yours, except there was a show on July 11, 1994

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.tv.soaps/c/O-4q-J_fUSA/m/zZEeBzT-62MJ

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.tv.soaps/c/bf0R8Orwig0/m/N3yidZqO8y0J

Thanks for letting me know! That means at least one other date has to be wrong since we know the last episode # for that year was definitely 1947. Was there a different OJ preemption I missed?

• Members
29 minutes ago, YRfan23 said:

This is amazing!  So far everything looks great! I'll definitely look into seeing if anything needs to be edited, but it looks great! 

EDIT: Skimming through 1995. I have B&B as having aired Episodes on Tues-Thurs Jan 24-26, but preempted Mon Jan 23 and Fri Jan 27. and also Preempted on Jan 30. I also believe September 19, 1995 was preempted. Could be 9/20/95 though? 

I also have those Same Iran/Contra 1987 dates for Y&R so those are most likely correct!

Thanks! I saw the 1995 preemptions listed that way on the Y&R list posted earlier, but the ATWT list only had Jan 24th preempted for "OJ Simpson opening statement [listed in Adirondack Daily Enterprise]." I wasn't sure which one to go with. The B&B imdb page lined up with the ATWT list there but also had the 26th preempted.

• Members
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, JellyBean said:

Thanks for letting me know! That means at least one other date has to be wrong since we know the last episode # for that year was definitely 1947. Was there a different OJ preemption I missed?

Hmm, not sure. 

7 minutes ago, JellyBean said:

Thanks! I saw the 1995 preemptions listed that way on the Y&R list posted earlier, but the ATWT list only had Jan 24th preempted for "OJ Simpson opening statement [listed in Adirondack Daily Enterprise]." I wasn't sure which one to go with. The B&B imdb page lined up with the ATWT list there but also had the 26th preempted.

There's some discussion here. B&B was preempted Jan 24, 1995.

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.tv.soaps.cbs/c/SkPaEKVmXp0/m/KBp26F1h-4gJ

Looks like it did air Jan 25, but not at its usual time: https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.tv.soaps.cbs/c/U6vEEfN0m4E/m/uoPKPT8gX9kJ 

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, BoldRestless said:

There's some discussion here. B&B was preempted Jan 24, 1995.

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.tv.soaps.cbs/c/SkPaEKVmXp0/m/KBp26F1h-4gJ

Hmm..I totally missed that. So I guess it's possible it did air Monday Jan 23 and not Tuesday....It definitely said Y&R was preempted on 1/23/95 though right? 

I guess B&B could have aired Wed-Fri (1/25-1/27/95) 

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

Oh well, it's not like it hasn't already been released on DVD for a decade. Or like the fans haven't archived the first 1200 episodes on their own.  They should just make whole seasons public as they upload.

• Members
7 minutes ago, JellyBean said:

Oh well, it's not like it hasn't already been released on DVD for a decade. Or like the fans haven't archived the first 1200 episodes on their own.  They should just make whole seasons public as they upload.

Yeah this is making me think they upload whole seasons in bulk and then set them to premiere publicly daily, which is ridiculous.

• Members

I must say I do hate the one episode a day thing. If it were on tv I would get it, but streaming should be about doing it at your own pace. At least they could do a bulk of the season at a time. I know I'll probably wait a few months before I start.

• Members
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, BoldRestless said:

Yeah this is making me think they upload whole seasons in bulk and then set them to premiere publicly daily, which is ridiculous.

It's possible they want to create a bit of a chat and anticipation where fans discuss each episode as they're released. I can already hear the screams of "NO SPOILERS"!!! They also may not want people to stop watching the current daily show when the classics are so good and they spend their time watching those instead!!! 

2 hours ago, Chris B said:

I must say I do hate the one episode a day thing. If it were on tv I would get it, but streaming should be about doing it at your own pace. At least they could do a bulk of the season at a time. I know I'll probably wait a few months before I start.

You can start right here in the Vault!! They're unlikely to be of better quality on YouTube initially...especially the first 250...

Edited by BoldKara

• Members
Posted (edited)

Amazing job @JellyBean !  Thank you. I've been looking for these episode numbers /dates for a while.

I already had most of them except 1992-1995. As another user mentionned, the dates on imdb are off and the ones on reichundschoen.de are definitely incorrect for these 4 years. For 1996-2021 everything is on Soapscentral and can be easily verified on other sources. 1987-1991 is 99% correct on imdb but we already have them in the vault with the correct airdates anyway. There were a lot of talks about airdates of episodes around #1700,  I think you've figured it out. Still some disagreements about some dates in January 1995 I see. I hope you'll figure it all out. (Could you add a new download link once it's updated?)

2 questions though.

1) Did episodes really air on Saturday and Sunday in July 1993? Example: #1584 and #1585 aired on Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 ? Can anybody confirm?

2) I have explanations for most pre emptions (often Christmas, NYE, Thanksgiving, March Madness, Tennis, Trials or special reports for politics) but not all of them. Anyone knows why the following dates were pre empted:

- September 7, 1992  //  September 6, 1993 // September 4, 1995  (I assume the 3 dates were pre empted for the same reason. I know Fridays are for USOpen tennis but couldn't figure out the reason for Mondays)

- February 21, 1994

- December 30, 1994 and January 2, 1995 (I assume it's because of New Year,... but they usually only pre empt 31 and 1... can anyone confirm?)

- January 26, 1995 (I know January 24 was pre empted for Clinton's SUA (Unless it was Simpson's trial again?) but why January 26?) 

- May 23, 1995

Edited by Jennybold1974

• Members

@Jennybold19

1 hour ago, Jennybold1974 said:

Amazing job @JellyBean !  Thank you. I've been looking for these episode numbers /dates for a while.

2) I have explanations for most pre emptions (often Christmas, NYE, Thanksgiving, March Madness, Tennis, Trials or special reports for politics) but not all of them. Anyone knows why the following dates were pre empted:

- September 7, 1992  //  September 6, 1993 // September 4, 1995  (I assume the 3 dates were pre empted for the same reason. I know Fridays are for USOpen tennis but couldn't figure out the reason for Mondays)

- February 21, 1994

- December 30, 1994 and January 2, 1995 (I assume it's because of New Year,... but they usually only pre empt 31 and 1... can anyone confirm?)

- January 26, 1995 (I know January 24 was pre empted for Clinton's SUA (Unless it was Simpson's trial again?) but why January 26?) 

- May 23, 1995

On the Y&R guide, starting at page 263, there are explanations for most of these: http://www.feuxdelamour.com/guide.pdf

US Open tennis goes on a Monday and the following Friday, so there's always a 3 day week in September.

• Members
1 hour ago, Jennybold1974 said:

I already had most of them except 1992-1995. As another user mentionned, the dates on imdb are off and the ones on reichundschoen.de are definitely incorrect for these 4 years. For 1996-2021 everything is on Soapscentral and can be easily verified on other sources. 1987-1991 is 99% correct on imdb but we already have them in the vault with the correct airdates anyway. There were a lot of talks about airdates of episodes around #1700,  I think you've figured it out. Still some disagreements about some dates in January 1995 I see. I hope you'll figure it all out. (Could you add a new download link once it's updated?)

2 questions though.

1) Did episodes really air on Saturday and Sunday in July 1993? Example: #1584 and #1585 aired on Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 ? Can anybody confirm?

- February 21, 1994

- May 23, 1995

No, B&B did not air on any weekends in 1993. I must have screwed up the weekend filter when I was running those dates. For 93 the only preemptions should be:

1/20 - Clinton Inauguration 

3/18 - NCAA sports

3/19 - NCAA sports

9/6 - US open

9/10 - US open

11/25 - Thanksgiving.

Episodes aired on all other weekdays. Sorry for the confusion!

Let me know if you run across any other mistakes. The spreadsheet should be simple to make changes to, but I’m happy to post an updated version with corrections once we nail down all the dates.

• Members

The Boldandbeautiful youtube page is bizarre. They upload without any logic old episodes from 2010 in disgusting quality, thay they had before uploaded in better quality and they removed. They added complete seasons, but with strange final cut version with pauses in between scenes, which are not meant for public. Someone need to intervene. This channel is a disgrace. And now they are going to upload 1 episode a day from 1987... when it's 2021 and people have no patience for anything anymore. What are they trying to do. It is strange and amateur-ish... and this is an official channel. If I they ask me... They should upload the whole show... and people show be able to buy whole seasons for like... normal amount of money... It's 2021.... let fans watch whatever they want. That way they will really gather attention... People will be binge watching the first years.